This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Partly Sucky Holiday

I expected more suck than this, still sucked though. I gotta post stuff as I remember. I'm so tired, so beat. I just wanna curl up and sleep like puppies are.

The Hoarde Has Come
    There were a bunch of kids, ranging from ages 14-17 (not far from my age, but still). They were all polite, but they left our place a mess. That, and ontop of my coworker calling off sick, we were way short handed. It was a busy busy night.

Grumpy Lady
    She is a regular, and usually sucky. She wasn't so bad that day. But she was hinting she wanted the deal on glasses that we had BOGO. Sorry, can't change it if it was last weeks deal.

I am a Human Being, I need Time to Think!!!
    So, I had moments where I had major brainfarts. They kept pestering me. I told them that give me a second to gather the useless knowledge I have in my brain and put em somewhere else to answer your question. This is where I need sleep...

Not Sucky, And I was Feeling Very Nice
    Thought I would share this tidbit here:
    Father and son come in buying a bunch of Easter stuff. Dad comments on my rubber bracelet. It had a Batman symbol. He said that his kid would kill to have it, where would he find one. I told him a friend gave me one for my birthday. So something popped into my head. I took the bracelet off anf gave it to the kid. I told that dad that I could find them anywhere if I wanted one again. Kid was tired to talk, but I knew I made his day. The dad was telling me how awesome I was

Well, I will try to remember more suck. I'm just so dead right now, I dunno how I'm still awake.

I'm exhausted, too; still recovering from yesterday. Well, I seem to have gone from "cranky" to "sweet," in my customers' eyes. Your example spurs me on in that way. Also, I totally know what you mean about rounding up rattling thoughts when you're tired.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Got more from my brain.

Why Not?
      We don't put holiday items at half off till the day after. People were complaining from left to right about it saying how stupid it was that we did that. I don't know of any store that brings stuff half price? Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I just don't go shopping on holidays, if I ever had them off.

Why Are You Open?
      Cause not everyone is religious, and wants something to do during the holiday, instead of being alone. I hate the holidays. I really do. I can barely stand Halloween. Plus my store never closes. Not even when the power went out one year. One register was working but it was cash only. Guess who was the greeter?

Did You Go?
      No. I don't go to church. Its none of your business of my religious background. I don't owe you S**t. If I wasn't at work, I'd be at the gym.

Had Some Nice People
      Had many many people thank me (personally) for being there and working. Hey, get to those kids and have some fun.

Can You Come In Early?
      Friday was the suckiest day. I was dead from runnimg errands. But I neeeded the hrs. And had to stay a little later. And thats when I had no break from customers except from my designated ones.

Plus
      Why do we have truck during the holidays, It never got done till Monday, plus we had ad tags to hang which the monthly one's have yet to get done. My brain is fried from reading numbers all day...
      Last edited by cashierbex; 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I am a Human Being, I need Time to Think!!!
        I hate this too. But usually it comes from supervisors or coworkers who want me to spout off the answer 2 seconds after they ask it. If I take a second or two to collect my thoughts to frame the answer... then I'm wrong.

Comment

[QUOTE=cashierbex;1028499]Got more from my brain.

Why Are You Open?
          Cause not everyone is religious, and wants something to do during the holiday, instead of being alone. I hate the holidays. I really do. I can barely stand Halloween. Plus my store never closes. Not even when the power went out one year. One register was working but it was cash only. Guess who was the greeter?

Bex, I work for the same company.

Why are we open? Cause people like you HAVE TO SHOP !!!!!!!!!!!!! So many times I have people tell me "I'm sorry you have to work 'Christmas', 'Easter', 'Thanksgiving' " Well guess what? If you didn't come in to shop on that day, we wouldn't be open!!!!!! So don't give me your fake sympathy

And the *best* one on Easter? "I'm sorry you have to work on Easter. I do too, but MY job is important" (she worked at the hospital) "People could die if IIIIII don't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
          I took a deep breath, smiled, and said "Yes your job IS important. We are open because once they leave YOUR hospital, they have to get their medications and prescriptions" That shut her up!!!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            And the *best* one on Easter? "I'm sorry you have to work on Easter. I do too, but MY job is important" (she worked at the hospital) "People could die if IIIIII don't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
            I took a deep breath, smiled, and said "Yes your job IS important. We are open because once they leave YOUR hospital, they have to get their medications and prescriptions" That shut her up!!!
            AWESOME serving of PWNADE(tm)! I hope she liked the taste of it!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oh man, I got a load of people over the weekend telling me to enjoy the time off... I loved seeing their stupid expressions every time they hung around long enough for me to finish saying I'd worked every day of the holiday weekend!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I have to say there is only one place that I ever saw holiday stuff go on clearance sale BEFORE the actual holiday. My wife was in the Navy and we were in Sicily. The Navy Exchange on the base would have everything holiday related at 75% off at least 3 days before the holiday. We thought it was really strange, but thats military life.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  Knocked her off her high horse PDQ!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                  X