X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses Excuses Excuses

Tired and Useless Excuse is Tired and Useless

-"Why did I get towed from Nuisance Apartments? I parked in the visitor lot!
    -"You were called in for not having a visitor pass, all cars parking there must have either resident or visitor passes"
    -"I'm not from around here"
    -"okay..."
    -"I just came in from out of state!"
    -"Okay, you still need a permit for that lot"
    -"Well, where am I supposed to park until I can get one??"
    -"Public parking, either a meter lot or a garage, the closest garage to that apartment is on the corner of This St and That St, it's about 5 blocks from where you are now.
    -"Look, I'm not from around here, I don't know where that is"
    -"From where you are, This St runs along the front of the building. You'll go five blocks west on it until you hit the traffic light at That St, and on the corner next to the Arbys with the big red and orange sign out front is a 4 story public parking garage, can't miss it"
    -"But, I don't know where that is!"
    -"I just told you where it was and how to get there"
    -"I'm not from around here! I just drove in, can't I just park here for the night?"
    -"Not without a permit, if they call you in to me again, I'll have no choice but to tow you again, I'm under contract."
    -"Can't you just let me park along This Street?"
    -"That's not my jurisdiction, the street belongs to the Borough, and they'll ticket between 2am and 6am, so if you want overnight parking, you'll have to use a meter lot or a garage, the one at This and That is the closest one to where you are"
    -"How much would the ticket be if they ticket me?"
    -"Honestly, I have no idea, I've never been ticketed. Probably $15-$20"
    -"Unbelievable! There's nothing else?! This is BULLS*IT!"

Well, welcome to Real Life, Dear Boy, I'd invest in a nice set of rubber hip waders if I was you, cuz' that BS only gets deeper from here on out.... I can only assume you were trying to play the game of "Just Pester Till You Get Your Way" with me with your constant I'm-an-out-of-towner excuses, too bad I'm the world-champion at that game.

An Excuse That Might Have Worked..... Had I Been a Misogynist Knuckle-Dragging Troglodyte

I see a car that doesn't have permit for lot

I pull in to retrieve car

As I'm checking it over, the college kid owner comes running out, apologizing before she even gets fully clear of the door and begging me to please please puh-leeezeee not tow her.

I inform her that because I haven't hooked up the car, she can leave, but it has to be immediately.

Naturally, she agrees to move it.

At that point, her friend decides to put in HER two cents on the matter.

"Why you have to pick on her, she's JUST A GIRL!"

*record needle scratch*

You know, it occurs to me, if I made any, ANY comment at all towards you, derogatory or not, and ended it with "because you're just a girl", and if someone happened to overhear that , or capture it on a cellphone, well, do have any idea what the public reaction to me would be? I'd never live it down, Heck, I wouldn't even LIVE long enough to live it down. I'd wager that there would be so little of me left after the progressive-minded populace of this college town got done beating the ol' grey matter out of me for daring to make such an absurd comment that the guys who run the scanning electron microscope lab up on campus would have to be called in to differentiate which of the smears on the pavement were the remains of my skull-fillings versus transmission seepage from a 94' Buick Regal GS.

And yet, you think it's perfectly fine to turn that around and use it as a perfectly valid defense for your friend's poor decision that the parking permit was optional?

Please, I'm an equal-opportunity hater, I despise all forms of carbon-based life with drivers licenses equally.

Technically a Statement Plus an Excuse, Still Worthless

I'm sizing up another car for a tow in that big new property they just turned on when the owner comes running out.

-Please don't tow me!
    -As long as you move the car, I won't have to
    -Yeah, I'm visiting a friend, I'll only be another hour
    -No, you need to move it now
    -But I'm just VISITING, I'll be gone in 45 minutes!
    -Without a permit, you can't park here, you can move it now or we can move it for you.

I think I actually felt her wishing death upon me as she drove off. What's more the rules for that lot say that ANY kind of permit is fine, visitor or resident. I even looked into how one goes about getting visitor passes as someone is bound to ask and you can actually print them out yourself, from your own computer, any time of the day or night. You go to the reality company's website, put in your information, make a $3 payment to them, and you get a downloadable .pdf file you can print out and just leave on the dash that's good for 24 hours, that's it, you don't have to talk face-to-face with another living soul, and that's STILL too much trouble as far as some are concerned......
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Great now you have me singing that No Doubt song.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Regarding Ms "Just a Girl", I have to wonder how you were supposed to know that the car belonged to a female driver before she came running out...?
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Great now you have me singing that No Doubt song.
        You can't possibly sing it worse than the original. Knock yourself out.
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Sorry, ma'am but I follow Equal Opportunity.

Bet that one would have given her a bit of a fit.

Comment

It's 2012, I think of my grandmother, the tough, smart farm wife, and the four fiercely independent daughters she raised in the late Fifties...

...any one of whom would have dope-slapped that girl just for forming that thought.

"Just a girl?" Why do I still run into girls who think that's an adequate excuse for anything?
            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Please, I'm an equal-opportunity hater, I despise all forms of carbon-based life with drivers licenses equally.
              Oh? So what makes carbon-based life-forms WITHOUT driver's licenses so special?!

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Oh? So what makes carbon-based life-forms WITHOUT driver's licenses so special?!

well... they are less likely to park illegally. which also means they're less likely to give him a hard time over towing fees

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  well... they are less likely to park illegally. which also means they're less likely to give him a hard time over towing fees
                  Don't you go bringing logic into this! *shakes fist*
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

Actually, I'm wondering why he's treating NON-carbon-based life forms WITH driver's licenses so specially.

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post

It's 2012, I think of my grandmother, the tough, smart farm wife, and the four fiercely independent daughters she raised in the late Fifties...

...any one of whom would have dope-slapped that girl just for forming that thought.

"Just a girl?" Why do I still run into girls who think that's an adequate excuse for anything?
                      Because maybe ... sometimes ... it still works.

And when someone's hellbent on getting their own way, it's amazing how there are no depths to which they will not sink ...

I'd want to say, "JUST a girl? So you're saying that because she's JUST a girl she's too stupid to be able to read and follow simple directions? So basically you're saying that because she's JUST a girl she's too stupid to have a driver's licence to begin with ...?"

Shortest job in history.

Comment

I even looked into how one goes about getting visitor passes as someone is bound to ask and you can actually print them out yourself, from your own computer, any time of the day or night. You go to the reality company's website, put in your information, make a $3 payment to them, and you get a downloadable .pdf file you can print out and just leave on the dash that's good for 24 hours, that's it, you don't have to talk face-to-face with another living soul, and that's STILL too much trouble as far as some are concerned......
                        Whoever did that setup is just ASKING for trouble. After all, how hard is it to edit the text in a .PDF file? They're making things easy for pass forgers.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Whoever did that setup is just ASKING for trouble. After all, how hard is it to edit the text in a .PDF file? They're making things easy for pass forgers.
                          Nah, if they can't be bothered to go to the trouble of actually printing a genuine pass, what makes you think they'll be able to install PDF editing software & make extras?
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Argabarga - I love you. :P

I spent a very entertaining afternoon going through and reading all the threads you've posted. I get the feeling that you and I would get along in real life - we both have jobs where the rules aren't set by us, but by law, and we both seem to have very little sympathy for people who don't like the rules

I await your next post with great anticipation!
                            Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

-"Well, where am I supposed to park until I can get one??"
                              -"Public parking, either a meter lot or a garage, the closest garage to that apartment is on the corner of This St and That St, it's about 5 blocks from where you are now.
                              Ugh. These "where am I supposed to park?" people really set my teeth on edge. They think that if you refuse to let them park where they want then you somehow owe it to them to find them an alternate parking space.

Had one parked *in* my driveway pull that shit once. Every alternate spot I suggested was too far away or something else was wrong with it.

I think, in his pointy little head, he thought if he rejected all my suggestions I'd have to let him stay in my driveway as the ONLY remaining choice or something. I finally had to tell him that I'd call the police and have him towed. Which made me a bitch, of course. But he finally moved.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X