This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I treat an SC like a little kid

I check in this SC who has a weird request. He wants his bed facing west. Since I don't know at the top of my head which ones do, I take a guess. My first guess was wrong so he comes to switch rooms.

I make keys to the new room and leave the old ones on the desk. My phone rings just before he comes back to the desk. He reaches over the desk for the keys. I pulled them away while I was still talking on the phone. Once I hung up he gets angry at me.

SC : Why did you pull the keys away?
    Me: You reached access the desk. I had no idea what you were planning on doing.
    SC : I was just getting the key to old room since I left something there. Why do you have to treat me like I'm 5?
    Me: Again because because I didn't know what you were planning.

He later complained about me. He was in the lobby when my supervisor came to relieve me. She sternly asks to talk to me. She pulls me in the office and tells me, that guy is an idiot.

My remaining question is if there might be a reason to want to face west besides ocd.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

So the sun doesn't rise in his face? Of course, that would also depend on where the window is too.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I know I've had guests who specifically want a window facing one direction or another (presumably so they can watch the sunrise/sunset, though due to the hills around us you don't get to see either one), but the bed? That's a new one.

In most rooms, why can't you just move the furniture to your own liking? That's what Hubby and I do when we get a double room and want to push the beds together to make a super-bed. Just move it back before you leave so the housekeepers don't lynch you for it. Unless you have one of those hotels that bolts the beds to the floor.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Maybe he want's to pray to Mecca and it's that way?
        There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

He's really into feng shui?
          But just for beds, or something.

Comment

BHS, Are beds are very difficult to move without effort. I'm not sure if they're bolted to the floor, but they're pretty darn heavy.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Not in my motel. They're easier to move than the dresser...desk....things, anyways. Those are some heavy f***ers.

I couldn't stand beds that were heavy and/or bolted to the floor, personally. When I'm out making beds, I like to pull them out so I can move all around them to tuck the fitted sheet in, and to get up around the head to make it nice and purtiful, and then push them back when I'm done.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Obviously he want to watch the herds of wildebeests as they are sweeping majestically across the plains of the Serengeti.
                Last edited by Dark Psion; 04-13-2012, 05:03 PM.
                "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  Obviously he want to watch the herds of wildebeests as the leap majestically across the plains of the Serengeti.

Now that's quite an amusing mental picture . . . of course substitute the Serengeti for an Interstate highway and replace the wildebeests with Darwin award nominees . . .that would be more reality.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc
                    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Maybe he wanted to avoid the sun shining though the window waking him up in the morning but any direction but east would do that.

Comment

I've heard about people who do claim to sleep better facing a certain way. However I've never heard of someone requesting it in a hotel room... especially not for a short stay!
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Several years ago I had a guest make this request, I never could figure it out. Hey maybe it was the same guy
                          "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Maybe he has an east infection.
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                              Maybe he has an east infection.
                              Damn it, Sheldon!!! Brat.

Comment

Working...
                              X