This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to do it anyway

is her attitude. I just had some lady ask if I could watch her stuff while she goes to the restroom. I told her I can't be responsible for it and she asked if she could leave it here anyway. I asked if she could park it around the corner, closer to the bathrooms, as the cart was in the way of other customers. She just left it there as I was saying I'd have to move it, just walked off. She does this kind of stuff. Entitled old lady.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Wait till she goes in the restroom, and move the cart halfway across the store

Comment

I wanted to move it, but I knew she'd complain and management would take her side.

Comment

Was her purse in this cart? OR just her groceries....If the the former...she's an idiot. If the latter, she's still an idiot.

Comment

Sounds like you've got lousy management -- especially if they would also take her side if she leaves it there and somebody else (e.g. another customer) moves it or walks off with some or all of her stuff.

Comment

It was paid-for merch. I don't know if her purse was in it. We won't hold paid-for stuff of any kind, as it's not ours anymore. This one's a regular, too. I'll see her again.

Comment

You did your job and told her you wouldn't be watching it, and cannot be responsible for it (unless, of course, she wants to pay you to babysit it....$100 per hour, two hours minimum time charged even if it only takes five minutes...). If someone else takes it, that's her problem.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

is it bad that i say ... walk off. if something happens to her stuff while you're away it's not your problem

Comment

If it was possible, I'd have wandered off. You'd already told her you couldn't be responsible, *shrug*
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

What if you had to leave that spot to take care of something else, and her stuff was taken? Would the manager back you up because you were doing your actual job?
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If someone like that asks again after you've already told her the answer, simply start walking off while they're in mid-sentence. They can't say "She ignored me" after you've already told her the answer earlier, but you can always say, "I didn't hear her ask again.."

Comment

I did walk off because I was tempted to move her cart clear over by the bathrooms, since it was totally blocking the path to the dining area, which I'd just said. But if I had moved it over there, around the corner and out of my sight, she would've pitched a fit. That was my bigger problem; she was blocking where my other customers needed to go.

Comment

I still would have moved it. Better to get slack from one customer than to get slack from more than one customer. Your management would have agreed on that one. If they would protest, ask them if they would want to lose many customers or one customer.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                            They can't say "She ignored me" after you've already told her the answer earlier
                            Sure she could. 'Tis called "lying"
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                            X