Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A test of basic understanding and just trying to help.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A test of basic understanding and just trying to help.

Test of SCness
    a large window poster (5ft 3inches by 3ft) is on the floor. It is brightly colored
    do you
    A. Step on it
    B. Step on it, after watching your kids go around it
    B. Step on it, after watching your kids go around it, stare, dumbfounded, then keep walking on the poster
    C. Watch Someone else wander on it then say, I didn't see that at all, then proceed to step on it and kick the frame
    D. When the panicked store employees come over to try to rescue you from the poster and the poster from you (they're slippery on our floor) try to instruct your kids(ages 8-16) to hang up the sharp heavy poster with pointy things on it because 'they're taller than the employee' (this is a lie. The oldest was the same height as me, the other two were shorter)
    E. JUST AVOID THE GORRAM POSTER

Just trying to help
    A father comes up to me, with a 'concerned' look on his face.
    CF: (Concerned Father): Excuse me... do you have the sims 2 for wii?
    Me: I do, but it's not the same as it would be on the PC.
    CF: Well, do you have it on the PC then?
    Me: Unfortunately... no. We do have the sims 3 for PC
    CF: I see... well she was playing sims 2 with her friend... *inspects sims 3 box* Does this have any 'objectionable' content for a ten year old?
    Me: Well, there is the concept of sex in the game, referred to as 'woohoo' and 'try for baby'. (Upon seeing instant thunderclouds appear, decided not to mention that this can happen without marriage, or that gay and lesbian relations, as well as m-preg are in the game)
    CF: I SEE.... and is there any way to REMOVE this from the game?
    Me: "Not... really... without mods anyway. Nothing's really shown but..."
    CF: *now glowering at me* "Are there any other games like the sims that are more appropriate?!"
    Me: "The my sims series is aimed more at kids..."
    CF: *brings daughter over, daughter thinks my sims looks boring, asks for sims 2 or three, causing father to get annoyed angry look again, inexplicably at me* "Anything else? Well, what are you looking for exactly in the game? What aspects of the sims did you like?"
    CFD: "I liked controlling the people in the houses"
    Me: "There is sims 2 for the ds, but it does run on realtime rather than in game clock"
    CFD: "No... I want a full sims game."
    CF: "We'll keep looking" *goes back to giving me the stinkeye*
    seriously dude? do you want me to lie about it and have you come back angry later? (You know how you can tell some people would come back and complain if you DIDN'T warn them of the things that could CORRUPT their precious babies? Yeah. He was one) He kept giving me the stinkeye every single time I saw him glance over at me. Other employees, normal looks. Person who told him about the sims being a possible problem for a 10 year old? Clearly evil.

Rgh
    Came over to talk to two young women who were examine our wii section after our boss had swapped out the display case with a real case she was holding.

NWO (New wii owner): "So I'm looking for some games, I just got a wii. But I don't really like shooters, or sports, or racing, or physical activity, or sword slashy games."
    Me: "Well, we do have games like animal crossing, where you're essentially living in a small town, or my sims where you're rebuilding one."
    NWO: "What about a game where you live in a small city?"
    Me: "The only ga-"
    LW (lollypop woman): "THAT SOUNDS STUPID."
    Me *thinking* WTF, I haven't even said. Wait, are you criticizing your friend's want?
    NWO: "Well what about a more... I donno, gamey game."
    Me: *running through all games that have no swordfight/gun/etc* "Well, there's kirby for one" *offers Kirby's epic yarn*
    LW: DOES THAT HAVE MAGIC, DEMONS, SORCERY, WITCHES, DEVILS in it?
    NWO: *nods in agreement*
    Me: "It has little Jester monsters that occasionally shoot sparks from wands*
    NWO appears to contemplate this, add it to handful of games, then "OOH, JEOPARDY!"
    LW: "THAT GAME SOUNDS STUPID" *without warning, yanks Kirby out of her hand so violently that all the games go flying.* The two of them giggle nervously for a moment, and I pick up the games and leave them to it.
    They then come up to the register with Jeopardy and Rock Band Green Day
    Me: *as I'm getting their games* "Now you do know that RBGD requires instruments in order to play, yes?"
    NWO: "NO! Do you sell em?!"
    Me: "Unfortunately... no." *mentally, fooorrtunately no.* "They stopped making them"
    NWO: "Then why they still sell the games?"
    Me: "They don't new any more, but preowned ones are still sold because people still can find them"
    LW: "I still think you games stupid!"
    NWO: "OOH! A PINK WIIMOTE! Oh. It's for the wii u"
    Me: "Actually it'll work on either system, did you want to pick one up today?"
    NWO: *hems and haws for a moment* "Nah, not today" *pays with credit card*
    Me: "If I could just see your card and id for a moment?"
    NWO: "ah! I left mine at home! Would a passport work?"
    Me: "Yes, a passport would work"
    NWO: Pulls out a piece of paper that has clearly been cut and glued within an hour or so, with a pic of her wearing exactly what she's wearing now, same hairstyle etc
    Me: "it... has to be an actual passport..."
    NWO: "Aww, I just made this at work too!" *leaves without game*
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

The man who was looking for the Sims game is obviously an asshole. He gives you those looks as if you put this stuff into the game. Welcome to retail, that's what we get for trying to help customers.
    The lady who didn't want any games that had shooting, fighting, etc.... Ok I can understand not getting violent games like Grand Theft Auto or something like that. But a game like say Kirby, Mario, Zelda? Those are most definitely not violent games. I think this lady is very overly protective about her daughter and what games she plays. Heck, its almost to the point where the poor kid won't be able to play any video games at all.

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
      Rgh
      Me: "Yes, a passport would work"
      NWO: Pulls out a piece of paper that has clearly been cut and glued within an hour or so, with a pic of her wearing exactly what she's wearing now, same hairstyle etc
      How did she think that was a passport?!

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      I think this lady is very overly protective about her daughter and what games she plays. Heck, its almost to the point where the poor kid won't be able to play any video games at all.
      That wasn't her mother. That was her friend.

Came over to talk to two young women who were examine our wii section after our boss had swapped out the display case with a real case she was holding.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        The lady who didn't want any games that had shooting, fighting, etc.... Ok I can understand not getting violent games like Grand Theft Auto or something like that. But a game like say Kirby, Mario, Zelda? Those are most definitely not violent games. I think this lady is very overly protective about her daughter and what games she plays. Heck, its almost to the point where the poor kid won't be able to play any video games at all.
        The games you mentioned are all violent - it's just cartoon violence instead of realistic violence. It's fine if that's not NWO's cup of tea, but that whole exchange sounded like something was wrong with NWO & LW.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

HAHA I would love to have seen what happened if that idiot tried using her little handmade "passport" at the border!

And what the hell is a more "gamey game"?

Also, there's a helluva straight line in that story, and I'm not touching it...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
            The games you mentioned are all violent - it's just cartoon violence instead of realistic violence. It's fine if that's not NWO's cup of tea, but that whole exchange sounded like something was wrong with NWO & LW.
            I don't mind when people play games without violence, even if they're not what I consider a whole lot of fun. It's when I give suggestions about those games, (cooking mama, sims etc) and you promptly snap back with 'that sounds stupid' I'm kinda at a loss as to what exactly you want.
            -Unknown Author

Comment

See, I wouldn't sugar coat anything about games. If a game such as The Sims or Halo or Batman Arkham Asylum has content in it not appropriate for young kids, I will straight up tell the parent. Or I will ask them when purchasing a rated M game "Now, you ARE alright with your son/daughter playing this game right? It's rated for its graphic content and violence." Most parents in that case will either say yes or they didn't know. Occasionally I'll get one or two that will get snippy.

As for the Wii people, OoOoOh! I would have definitely said something to the woman who violently yanked the game out of my hand like that. "Excuse me, but if you want a particular game, don't yank it out of someone's hands."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                She's probably looking for chess or Monopoly for the Wii. And if she did find them, her friend would tell her "they're stupid!"
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth TechieGirl87 View Post
                  See, I wouldn't sugar coat anything about games. If a game such as The Sims or Halo or Batman Arkham Asylum has content in it not appropriate for young kids, I will straight up tell the parent. Or I will ask them when purchasing a rated M game "Now, you ARE alright with your son/daughter playing this game right? It's rated for its graphic content and violence." Most parents in that case will either say yes or they didn't know. Occasionally I'll get one or two that will get snippy.

As for the Wii people, OoOoOh! I would have definitely said something to the woman who violently yanked the game out of my hand like that. "Excuse me, but if you want a particular game, don't yank it out of someone's hands."
                  We're actually instructed to not tell people exactly why a game is rated something beyond what's on the box unless specifically asked at our store. (District....)
                  We ALWAYS ask about M rated games. If we don't we can be flat out fired.

She didn't yank it out of my hand, she yanked it out of her friend's.
                  -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    My guess is "Deer Hunter" - especially if left outside for a couple days in the summer.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Mario, Kirby, Zelda "non violent"? Au contraire ^_^ Someone who is missing a few screws like those custys could certainly argue otherwise...In Zelda, you use a sword and bow to kill things (among other implements of destruction)...In Kirby, you're a cannibal and you shoot things, and there's that sword again...In Mario, you destroy enemies by smashing them (and there's the theoretical 'racist' aspect with certain enemies, and fairly obvious drug references, but this is neither the site nor the time )...

Yup. All violent!
                      Quoth Opalin View Post
                      Is it wrong of me to hope that she tries that when attempting to get cigs/alcohol somewhere, and then sticks around and shows it to the cops ...?
                      Last edited by EricKei; 03-04-2013, 02:29 PM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        She's probably looking for chess or Monopoly for the Wii. And if she did find them, her friend would tell her "they're stupid!"
                        probably. i mean there *are* some strategy video games out there. i found a cute one for the PS3 that involves spilling water buckets or something - haven't played it in a while -... kinda similar to "lazors". but yeah i'm betting the friend would insult the game and her friend.

and now i'm wondering if the credit card was even theirs now... if they had a fake passport for "ID".

Comment

Working...
                        X