This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Short, Sweet and Nasty" Edition

I went in the Men's Room, and I noticed something unusual on the ceiling. At first, I thought it was a bug.

On closer inspection, I found it was a wad of gum.

It was still moist , so it was fairly recent which also made it easier to clean up.

I think my title says it all.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I often wonder just what is going through their little minds when they pull stuff like this. 'cause that obviously isn't just standard "I don't give a crap, I'll throw it anywhere."

Comment

like some of the females on my first ship. they would take the gum out and put it on the soap dish holder.

although I'm glad it was gum in the story ... cos i was imagining a piece of something worse...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        although I'm glad it was gum in the story ... cos i was imagining a piece of something worse...
        Seriously. Given the fact that this was in a bathroom (and the fact that I've read too many posts about you-know-what being found smeared everywhere in bathrooms), I was definitely imagining the worst.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
          Seriously. Given the fact that this was in a bathroom (and the fact that I've read too many posts about you-know-what being found smeared everywhere in bathrooms), I was definitely imagining the worst.
          Me too. As in, "How the heck did they manage to get THAT up there?!" worst. Gum, while wet and disgusting is at least... tolerable. Still makes me wish you could catch the culprit and make them scrape it off the ceiling.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

How do you get gum to stick to the ceiling, anyway? It seems like it'd be really hard to do.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              How do you get gum to stick to the ceiling, anyway? It seems like it'd be really hard to do.
              If it's wet and sticky enough, spit it at it?

How high is the ceiling we're talking about?
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                If it's wet and sticky enough, spit it at it?

How high is the ceiling we're talking about?
                Well, I'm 5'10" and the ceiling was just out of my reach (I had to get an old broom handle), so maybe 8' at the most.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  Well, I'm 5'10" and the ceiling was just out of my reach (I had to get an old broom handle), so maybe 8' at the most.

SC
                  Fair enough. I'm 6'2", and the bathroom ceilings at the wholesale club were easily within my reach, but I need to remember not everyone gets to be GLORIOUSLY TALL.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

People that do stupid things like that shouldn't be allowed to function in a normal society. They do that crap just to be a pain in the butt. There was clearly a garbage in the bathroom, so why would anyone with a functioning brain stick their gum on the ceiling?

Comment

I have one word: teenagers.

See, I can totally see doing something that stupid when I was a teenager, or seeing one of my friends do it back then. Hell, we did far stupider than that. But yeah, flinging some used gum up to a ceiling to see if it would stick? Totally a bored teenager kinda thing to do, and it doesn't automatically mean they were completely failures in life after that. Doesn't mean they weren't, of course, but doesn't mean they were.

Did I ever do that? Nope. Did I ever do stuff like that, or stuff worse, stupider, or more inconsiderate than that? Of course.

I was a teenager.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Fair enough. I'm 6'2",<snip> but I need to remember not everyone gets to be GLORIOUSLY TALL.
                        Yes we can, but the shoes are expensive*

*I'm 5'5" but with my current heels I'm 5'10", I have owned heels that made me 6'1", they were around $300.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                          Yes we can, but the shoes are expensive*

*I'm 5'5" but with my current heels I'm 5'10", I have owned heels that made me 6'1", they were around $300.
                          Let me re-state:

Not everyone gets to be GLORIOUSLY TALL ... naturally.

Comment

Let me re-state:

Not everyone gets to be GLORIOUSLY TALL ... naturally.
                            And with a good goose you'll be even higher and mightier.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                            X