X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say It. Don't Spray It.

I’ll start off with a sighting.

I went into a supermarket with the intention of buying Game of Thrones Season 2. There were no display boxes on the shelves but there have been occasions where they have actually had “more out the back” in this place, so I decided to ask at the DVD kiosk.

Me: Hi there. I was wondering, do you have Game of Thrones, Season 2 in stock?
    Employee: Game of Kings?
    Me: No. Game of Thrones.
    Employee: Game of what?
    Me: Thrones. It was just released and should be in the charts.
    Employee: I don’t know what that is. I will call someone.
    Me: Ok, no problem.

She picked up the phone.

Employee: Yeah, I’ve got someone here who wants Kings and Queens Season 3…
    Me: No, Game of-
    Employee: Yeah, never heard of it either.

She put down the phone.

Employee: No. We don’t carry that.

I actually spotted it in the cabinet behind her.

Me: You actually do have it, but I think I’ll go to the store down the road.

Slightly sucky, but she just was not listening to me! Plus the other store had it cheaper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to work. A co-worker was behind the bar. It was one of the co-workers who was there the night I was beaten up.

CW: Customersruinmylife, I heard that prick who beat you was in here at the weekend!
    Me: Yeah I know. I was there.

It is very important to note that co-worker had not stopped what she was doing. She was still making drinks.

CW: I can’t believe he came in here. How can someone be so stupid?
    Me: I know.
    CW: Glad you-re-
    SC: EXCUSSSSSSE ME??

It was an old man. He was stood directly in front of co-worker.

CW: Yes?
    SC: Are you actually serving someone at the moment, or are you too busy flirting???

CW looked at the pint she was half way through pouring, then looked at SC.

CW: Yes. I am serving that customer down there.
    SC: YOU DON’T NEED TO SNAP AT ME!!

She was anything but snappy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A repair man was in fixing our registers. There has been an on-going problem in which food orders are not being sent through to the kitchen, meaning that customers’ orders are disappearing. You can imagine how fun that is when a customer storms up to the bar demanding to know where the food they ordered an hour ago is, and then it turns out the order has been lost due to a register fault.

So repair guy had the problem solved. There was one issue.

RG: I need to restart all your registers. This means any food orders that go through will be lost.
    Manager: How long will that take?
    RG: Five minutes.
    Manager: OK. No more food orders for the next five minutes.

We might as well have told the customers five hours.

SC: What?? I can’t wait that long. I need to order NOW!

SC: I am absolutely starving. This is ridiculous.

SC: I want a 50% discount for the inconvenience!

Lady is eating a meal, but she suddenly stands up and walks towards me.

SC: Shaalltt and vineegaaarr!

She was asking for salt and vinegar, but she had neglected to finish what she was chewing before she came over to talk to me. She spat crumbs all over me. And I’m not talking about little crumbs. Some were the size of my thumb nail

Me: *absolutely disgusted and making no attempt to hide it* Over there.
    SC: You don’t need to pull that face! I don’t have germs!
    Me: I’m so glad you told me that AFTER you spat all over me.
    SC: Don’t be so rude! You’ve made me feel stupid now!

I barged into the kitchen.

Me: Ugghhh!! Some stupid bitch just spewed crumbs all over me!

I was retching as I wiped myself down.

Me: It’s in my fucking hair too!

I cleaned myself down and walked out the kitchen. SC was staring directly at me. CW waved me over.

CW: Customersruinmylife, the whole pub just heard what you were saying in the kitchen.
    Me: Whoops.

SC gave me death glares for the rest of her visit.

Well, i'd be grossed out too if someone's food was in my hair.

and yeesh. "flirting" when you're obviously working and talking at the same time. I hate when people act like that... like if the employee isn't talking directly to THEM then all other conversations are just "flirting" or "chatting" etc, even if it's really work-related.

sounds like he needs to take the stick out of his backside

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      CW: Customersruinmylife, the whole pub just heard what you were saying in the kitchen.
      It's OK. But out in the dumpster the gaggits are magging.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I can't imagine why. You gave a perfectly accurate description of what happened ^_^

Hell, the other custy's should have thanked you for the heads-up!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'd be sorely tempted to come back from my lunch with a mouthful of food and saying 'I'm so sorry, what you did wasn't rude at all!' while spraying my own crumbs all over her.

Of course, then I'd get yelled at for being rude. :/
          Never stand between a computer technician and their morning coffee.

Comment

I can't stand it when people say "You've made me feel <insert>!"

No, I didn't make you feel that way, you just realized what you are. Shut up. I'm not going to feel guilty because you're a douche-canoe and you've just come to that self-realization. Maybe you can work on it, that way you won't have to worry about "feeling" like what you are again.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              I can't stand it when people say "You've made me feel <insert>!"

No, I didn't make you feel that way, you just realized what you are. Shut up. I'm not going to feel guilty because you're a douche-canoe and you've just come to that self-realization. Maybe you can work on it, that way you won't have to worry about "feeling" like what you are again.
              Best line of the year so far.

Comment

Maybe you can work on it, that way you won't have to worry about "feeling" like what you are again.
                I dunno. the way some SCs would "work on it" would be to stop caring. although we can hope...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  I dunno. the way some SCs would "work on it" would be to stop caring. although we can hope...
                  Either way it's a win for me, because they'd stop using the line "You made me feel <blank>!" Because they wouldn't care.
                  My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                  It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

she had neglected to finish what she was chewing before she came over to talk to me. She spat crumbs all over me. And I’m not talking about little crumbs. Some were the size of my thumb nail.
                    Ive been covered in a lot of peoples "leavings" through the years, but this truly grosses me out.
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-06-2013, 09:15 PM. Reason: excessive quoting

Comment

I'm not going to feel guilty because you're a douche-canoe and you've just come to that self-realization had your nose rubbed in it.
                      Fixed.

And totally agree. Glad you used the 'insert x here' in your phrasing, 'cause they're all over the map with that accusation. "You made me feel stupid.", "You made me feel mean.", "You made me feel awkward."
                      It's part and parcel of the same kind of twists of language abdicating personal responsibility we see in SCs in other situations; "Those jars fell off the shelf." instead of "I accidentally knocked those jars down." or "My wallet's at home." instead of "I didn't bring my money/ID with me." If you listen closely, it's almost scary how active inanimate objects have become.

Comment

Good for her. Serves her right to hear what you said, and instead of a death glare the CORRECT response is to come over to you and say publicly, "I am so very sorry. I didn't mean to do that, and I'm sure it is disgusting. Please forgive my carelessness."
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Either way it's a win for me, because they'd stop using the line "You made me feel <blank>!" Because they wouldn't care.
                          o sorry i meant that they'd stop caring about how they offended someone. guess it didn't come out well though. meh.

Comment

Working...
                          X