This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient People Irritate Me

I have to say that I have mostly been extremely lucky with my commissioners, but I just got a polite but obviously a "Where's my art?" note in my message center. The person didn't directly ask that question but it was extremely obvious that their intent was to rush me to start their art.

Note that I had two reserved slots before this person commissioned me already waiting and that I'm already working on both of those commissions at the same time. One is a complex one while the other is a single character colored sketch so my plan is to do them both until the colored sketch gets completed within a few days, and then start on the "impatient" person's commission. I don't like working on more than two at once and I DEFINITELY prefer to work on commissions in the order that I receive them.

It's highly irritating because I can only do so much at once without sacrificing quality. I'm not one of those artists that can robotically pump out decent art in a matter of hours. Even my colored sketches take about 3 days on average to finish.
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Quoth TheTigress View Post
    *snip*

Note that I had two reserved slots before this person commissioned me already waiting and that I'm already working on both of those commissions at the same time.
    *snip*
    I don't like working on more than two at once and I DEFINITELY prefer to work on commissions in the order that I receive them.

It's highly irritating because I can only do so much at once without sacrificing quality. I'm not one of those artists that can robotically pump out decent art in a matter of hours. Even my colored sketches take about 3 days on average to finish.
    Don't tell us, tell them.

Seriously, I'd write back telling them this. Heaven knows what they think -- probably that you were sitting there doodling until their order came in and they don't understand why you didn't jump on it immediately and thus finish it within half an hour.

Comment

First, tell them as you're a good artist in demand, you aren't sitting waiting for commissions - therefore, just like in kindergarten when the slide was popular, there's a queue they have to wait in to get their turn. No cutsies.

Second, tell them they came to you for good art - good art is not fast art. Therefore, again, wait patiently, or next time go to someone else for fast art
      (or half-fast art )

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I was able to politely reply to the person telling them that there are currently two commissions ahead of them and they are both being worked on at the same time. Also that once I knock out the smaller colored sketch I will begin on theirs.

They responded saying "No worries, just curious" so at least they were polite about it, but I still needed to let them know their position in line.
        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

I never rush custom items, Thats insane. Otherwise, dont buy custom! The only time I got a little antsy was when it had gotten about 2 weeks past the quoted time, so I sent a "please update me" email.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            *snip*
            Therefore, again, wait patiently, or next time go to someone else for fast art
            (or half-fast art )
            Ahh, bad puns ...

Quoth TheTigress View Post
            I was able to politely reply to the person telling them that there are currently two commissions ahead of them and they are both being worked on at the same time. Also that once I knock out the smaller colored sketch I will begin on theirs.

They responded saying "No worries, just curious" so at least they were polite about it, but I still needed to let them know their position in line.
            Good response. Hopefully all they wanted was an update and they can now wait patiently.

Comment

Working...
            X