This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who know phones

Recently, I bought a used phone for a very good price. So far, all has been well.

Except this morning, when I woke up at a truly obscene hour, glanced at the phone, and saw that the screen was illuminated. I picked it up and saw a black screen with a blue border, and in the middle of the screen, the words "upload data to PC".

Pressing buttons didn't work. So, I hauled myself out of bed and turned on the computer. It was 4:17 a.m. I plugged the phone into the USB port. Nothing. I did an online search for the words on the screen. Ah, it appears that this happens sometimes with Samsung phones. Joy!

So, does anyone know how to prevent this from happening in the future? The model is GT-5560.

Edited to add, I ended up taking the battery out of the phone, waiting for about a minute, then putting it back in the phone. That worked. But I don't want to keep doing it.

One forum mentions pressing *#3328*# and setting debug level to low.

This appears to be an issue with updated firmware on a wide range of their phones and a lot of other suggestions include rolling the firmware back, but I have no idea how to do that.

Good luck.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X