Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the more appropriate thing to do would be to run the IV fluids wide open to stimulate the kidneys to produce urine, then run the urine pregnancy test (which is cheaper than the blood test). The CT scan is not a high priority; basically they're looking to make sure the stone is small enough to pass on its own, and make sure that there is no hydronephrosis (urine backing up into the kidney).

But yeah, if the doc really wanted the CT that bad, he could have ordered a serum hCG (pregnancy test)

The big priority is narcotics and nausea meds

My sympathies. I've been there, done that.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
      A molar pregnancy (hydadtitaform mole) occurs when a sperm fertilizes an empty ovum: an egg that does not contain any genetic material from the mother. We get 23 pairs of chromosones from mom, 23 from dad. So the sperm cell duplicates its own chromosones to make 46. The cell division continues uncontrolled, but does not develop a fetus.

Essentially, you end up with a huge tumor that grows until the uterus bursts. It's not a true pregnancy because there is never any chance for a fetus develop.
      Holy shit....
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

.........*-*...................now I'm a little worried.....*runs off to the store, for....ice cream....yeah....*
        Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
          .........*-*...................now I'm a little worried.....*runs off to the store, for....ice cream....yeah....*
          Don't forget the pickles.

Although for me it was peanut butter and tuna fish.

That was before I developed my peanut allergy... or maybe that was why I developed a peanut allergy.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            Although for me it was peanut butter and tuna fish.
            One of my favorite Readers' Digest anecdotes concerned a guy who'd somehow developed a taste for peanut butter and pastrami, and every so often would order a sandwich of this from a nearby deli to be delivered to his office. One day he had to be out of the building in the morning, so didn't get to the office until almost lunchtime. Rather than wait for the delivery, he decided to pick up his lunch in person. Walks into the deli, goes over to the counter and says "Peanut butter and pastrami on rye, please."

The guy behind the counter drops everything he was holding, turns around and hollers. "Hey Joe!! It's him!!!"

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

Another reason, is to make sure the patient does not have an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.
              one little nit pick thing, ectopic is actually a blanket term that means outside the uterus you can have an ectopic on your ovarys in your abdomin and in many different areas. i once heard a story of a woman getting ivf concieving triplets to have on growing on the out side of her uterus. Not fun.

And i know it sucks but just take the pregnancy test.

I one had a horrible yeast infection that i thought was a a rupturing cyst because i had intense searing throbbing stabbing pain in my pelivc area, felt sick and nausea, i had increased discoloration on my stomach, and i only want to cry.

i told them i hadn't had sex in 4 years, i haddnt had a period in over a year and my medical condition. They still ran pregnancy tests and an utlra sound.
              I was embarrassed when i was told what it was but i was happy i didnt need surgery.
              Last edited by Sliceanddice; 07-16-2010, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Well, I tried to keep it to the basics. Most ectopic pregnancies occur in the fallopian tubes, but you are right, they can occur anywhere.

The ovaries, the lower part of the uterus, the cervix, the vagina, even within the abdominal cavity itself (some of those even go to term, but if they do have to be born by c-section and rarely do well).
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Tithera View Post
                  I thought they would go away when I was sick, but no. No.....*sobs*

IDs=NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!!!
                  So, I'm in the mall, because my mom needed something and she happens to be working in Macy's for her second job. I'm hungry and actually have money for once, so I step in line for Auntie Anne's. Best. Pretzels. EVER! The line is sorta long, but nothing unusual for a Saturday evening. I'm behind what I presume to be a mom/daughter/grandaughter (or other younger daughter). The wait was not even 5 minutes long and the entire time, the mom is complaining about the wait, the first daughter is jabbering on a cellphone and the younger gril is screeching and heemin and hawin loudly about what pretzel she wants. Great.... Then this happens when she goes to pay:

Clerk: *after woman hands over a card* Can I see some ID?
                  W: What? Since when did you start doing that? I don't have my ID, jeez! Where's a fricking ATM?
                  C: *points to the center of the mall, where there is a large sign proclaiming ATM!*
                  W: *turns to me* God, seriously? Like I'm going to steal a card and go to the pretzel stand with it! Ha!

They then walk away in a huff and the clerk voids their transaction because there's a large line. I pay and give her a weak *sorry, I know how it is* smile. She smiles back and seems a bit more cheerful. The woman then passes me as I skip my way out the doors with my tasty pretzel in hand.

let's play a game. Your Nancy Drew in the Case of the ID Reasoning. Here's a clue for ya Nancy, THEY DO IT FOR YOUR PROTECTION! Yes, people can steal a card and get simple things. My sister's card was swiped and the only purchase they put on it was a pack of cigarettes, before tossing it at the clerk and taking off. They will buy ANYTHING with it, whether it be small or large! Do not berate the clerk because she's doing her job. Not to mention, why the hell do you not have an ID with you in the very large purse? Wouldn't that be one of the required items for when you're trying to enter another state of confusion?
                  I think it's stupid for people to get pissy over being ID'ed. They should be thankful that it's dual protection. For their account privacy and for the store.

My only gripe is whenever I go out and have my ID ready it's pretty much 50/50. And this is mainly with alcohol. Some cashiers/people who check ID's will just say "no it's ok, you're good" without even looking and then with some the moment I forget to have it ready will cut me off mid sentence when I'm asking for something behind the counter to "see some ID". Like the guy tonight at 7-11. I see this guy fairly often and it's almost like a game for him with me. If I have my ID out willing to show he says he knows me or disregards the fact that I'm trying to show ID. When I forget to show, like tonight, he cuts me off mid-sentence and I show ID then proceed checking out. I don't say anything, but in my mind I'm thinking wtf be consistent at least. This isn't an isolated incident with him or others either.

It's almost like if I have my ID ready people disregard and will just assume I'm old enough to get what I'm getting without question or they know me and don't bother. Then there's the times I get the interrupting "ID please/lemme see some ID". I just have to play their game. I honestly think it's for the cameras with that 7-11 guy. The fact that I have it out is probably what he's thinking because I know he didn't look at my ID good tonight. Maybe he did who knows. The liquor store near my place never asks for my ID. The owner is in his late 20's early 30's I believe and all his cashiers know who I am. The owner even orders certain things apparently I only get, lol. There's a rapport there so I guess that one doesn't count. Some cashiers at my local grocery store don't even ask me either, but again I'm a constant regular there too. I'm in my early 30's and look about half of that unshaven. Like I said, I don't mind showing ID at all, it's just the 50/50 games that some people play gets very old.
                  Last edited by Willis; 07-21-2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
                    I see this guy fairly often and it's almost like a game for him with me. If I have my ID out willing to show he says he knows me or disregards the fact that I'm trying to show ID. When I forget to show, like tonight, he cuts me off mid-sentence and I show ID then proceed checking out.
                    You will just have to start playing the game. Have your ID out, but hidden in your palm so he can't see it. Or have the ID hidden by something, then start carrying that something without the ID once he figures out the something is hiding the ID. Keep a tally of the points for us.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X