This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    Most of the American Southern accents have always sounded like a cross between Australian and English to me.
    If it's the TV Southerner talk then it's fake.

*Hiss*

Ain't nobody I know that talks like that.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Everyone on TV talks like people from Charleston, SC.

Not sure what is so special about Charleston (well...truthfully, Charleston DOES kind of rock) that no matter where someone is supposed to be from in the south, they talk like they are from Charleston.

Probably because that is the accent done by Vivian Leigh in Gone With The Wind. Pure Charleston upper crust, you can totally pick a Charlestonian out of a crowd of southerners by the accent.

I don't sound like I am from Charleston. Neither does the husband, I immediately and correctly identified him as an upstate boy the moment I heard him speak.

That is interesting about the poster who said we sound like Aussies or English. I don't hear it, but then I don't hear much accent at all, being from here. I always wonder how we sound to someone from another country.

Anyways, this is turning into a total threadjack. I will shut up now. I just find it interesting. Sorry.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Probably because that is the accent done by Vivian Leigh in Gone With The Wind. Pure Charleston upper crust, you can totally pick a Charlestonian out of a crowd of southerners by the accent.
        I do have the Charleston Accent (actually, I'm looking to move to that area soon). Miss Leigh did an Atlanta accent, not Charleston.

But, yes, you can pick a Charleston accent out of a crowd, along with the Tennessee Twang, Appalachian Mountain, and all the rest.

.....oh, I just threadjacked.

No, wait, NOW I'm about to threadjack......

I just read Rocket Man's thread and is anyone else hungry?
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
        X