Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy Story 3 is unrealistic (contains major spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Story 3 is unrealistic (contains major spoilers)

So Toy Story 3 opened in the UK today, and I ended up seeing it twice. Once with a small group of friends, and then again with my best friend a couple of hours later, as she couldn't make it earlier in the day. I didn't mind though, because the film was absolutely awesome. Beware when reading this thread though, because there are spoilers for the film if you haven't seen it.

The First Showing

So, me and my friends are in line waiting for the first showing to open. We are pretty near the front of the line, and ahead of us is a mother with her two children, ahead of her is a group of people in their early twenties. The youngest child, probably about ten years old, ran to the head of the line.

Mother: Honey, come back here.
    Kid: No! I'm going to be first in!
    Mother: No honey, we have to wait in line like everyone else. We are second at the minute, that group of people was before us.
    Kid: But I have been looking forward to this movie soooooo much and I want to get the best seats!
    Mother: Aw, that's sweet.

The mother smiled at the head of the group who were at the front of the line, and tilted her head, as if to say "Awww, go on. Let us in before you even though you were first" One of the guys in the group spoke to the kid.

Guy: Sorry kid, we were here first.
    Kid: But I want to be first soooooo bad!
    Guy: Oh well, I'm sure you will still get some awesome seats.

The kid bowed his head and went back to his mother.

Mother: Huh! Some gentleman! Not letting a child in first! I thought we were going to a kids movie, not a movie for someone in their twenties.
    Guy: Lady, I have been waiting for Toy Story 3 for TEN YEARS. No one is going ahead of me.

The doors opened, and we headed in. The kid ran in as fast as he could, but ended up changing his mind about ten times about where to sit. The seats he ended up with weren't that special.

Second Showing

The second showing was a bit more eventful.

So I was waiting in line again (was a bit further back this time) and ahead of me was another mother and child. The child was about the same age as the last one, and they were talking very loud.

Child: Dad downloaded Toy Story 3 for me last week.
    Mother: Oh did he? He didn't tell me that.
    Child: Yeah he did. I've already seen it, it was awesome, but I want to see it properly in 3D.
    Mother: So it's good then?
    Child: Yes it's good, and it gets soooo sad at the end. You really think the toys are going to die, but then they don't, and Andy donates them. You think they are getting donated to the daycare again, but he drops them off at a little girls house, and it's a happy ending.

About five people yelled out "WHAT THE HELL!?!?!" including my friend.

Mother: Maybe you should keep your voice down...
    Child: *not taking the hint* And the bad guy gets tied to a garbage truck....

Someone yelled "SOMEONE PUNCH THAT KID!!!!" The mother put her hand over his mouth. He didn't say a word after that.

We got into the movie, and I ended up sat next to the most sarcastic teenager ever. He had quite clearly didn't want to see the movie, and had been dragged there by his girlfriend. Every time something happened, he would mutter "Yeah, like that would happen" or "Oh, isn't that convienient???"

Finally, the film was drawing to a close. It was the scene in which the toys are certain that they are about to be incinerated, and they are all hugging. Then, the claw appears, picks them up and rescues them. The teen blurted out:

"Oh my God, this film is soooooooooooooo unrealistic"

I couldn't contain it. I burst out laughing.

Me: So the claw rescuing the talking toys is unrealistic, but the talking toys aren't?

He mumbled something I couldn't make out, folded his arms and sat back in a mood.

I just got back from the movie myself, and you gave away some very important parts of the movie. The claw part was awesome!!!

I almost had an SC there with a crying baby, but she apparently thought better of it and took the baby out, never to return.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      I just got back from the movie myself, and you gave away some very important parts of the movie. The claw part was awesome!!!

I was fighting the tears so bad just before the claw scene. I honestly did not know what was going to save them.

Comment

Oh yeah, me and the kids were all on the verge of tears. We just couldn't figure out how they were going to get out. How did you like the Landfill From Hell? WTF? Have you ever heard of a landfill with all those disposal methods one after the other like that?!?

Oh, and did you see the Pizza Planet truck? It's in almost every Pixar movie.

*I* saw it.
        Last edited by EvilEmpryss; 07-20-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

The story of your second viewing reminds me of the scene in the Simpsons (everythign reminds me of a scene in the Simpsons.) where Homer and Marge are walking out of a theater.

"What an ending! Who would have thought Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father?' as he was passing a long line of people eager to see the new film.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Spoilers can be fun. Consider Dork Tower's version of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows spoilers.

Dork Tower Spoiler Fun 1

Dork Tower Spoiler Fun 2

Dork Tower Spoiler Fun 3 - I like this one best.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*I* saw it.
              I believe that the YO Pizza Planet delivery truck has been in EVERY Pixar/Disney movie just like John Ratsinburger has done a voice in EVERY Pixar/Disney movie and some visible reference to the number A113 refers to the room number of the Graphics workroom at some school CalArts (??)
              Last edited by Racket_Man; 07-20-2010, 07:54 AM.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh yeah, me and the kids were all on the verge of tears. We just couldn't figure out how they were going to get out. How did you like the Landfill From Hell? WTF? Have you ever heard of a landfill with all those disposal methods one after the other like that?!?

*I* saw it.
                Dont remind me!!!! The Baby doll still makes me wanna cry!!!! Dude it sound like a real toddler wanting its mommy so sad!!!

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Mother: Huh! Some gentleman! Not letting a child in first! I thought we were going to a kids movie, not a movie for someone in their twenties.
                  Guy: Lady, I have been waiting for Toy Story 3 for TEN YEARS. No one is going ahead of me.
                  That's what I'd say, if someone tries that trick on me when I go and see it. I went to see the first movie in cinemas at fifteen. I still remember seeing it in the cinema, as well as going to see the second movie. No-one, but NO-ONE, is going to push in front of me when I go and see the third movie, dammit!
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

The mother started out reasonable, her about-face to complete jerk confuses me.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      I believe that the YO Pizza Planet delivery truck has been in EVERY Pixar/Disney movie just like John Ratsinburger has done a voice in EVERY Pixar/Disney movie and some visible reference to the number A113 refers to the room number of the Graphics workroom at some school CalArts (??)
                      I was thinking I was going to have to watch all of the Pixar movies again to look for the Pizza Planet delivery truck, but a quick Google search found a list, with pictures.

It was in every Pixar/Disney movie except the Incredibles.

Comment

The Wikia is wrong, it was in the Incredibles, but in a place that was really hard to see. You not only need to know where and when it appears, you have to have a DVD or Blueray to freeze the frame to see it. Same with Ratatouille.

They made a special movie about the Pizza Planet truck (PPT) and put it on one of the movies (I can't recall which... I have them all so I would need to dig through their menus to find it... it may have been an easter egg). At some point prior to the release of the Incredibles Pixar got a new guy in charge and he didn't like the PPT. He thought it was a cheesy gimmick to have it in every movie. The guys producing Incredibles were adamant about including it, but they had to sneak it in. After the uproar from the fans about not being able to find the PPT, the big boss rethought his stance and let the animators put it in Ratatouille, though only if they kept it subtle.

Fans responded well, so he completely went with the animators after that.

And yes, A113 is a reference to the animators original studio room number. It is the hint you need to see the PPT in TS3.

OMG, I just realized how much of a Pixar geek I've turned into.

Comment

The Wikia is wrong, it was in the Incredibles, but in a place that was really hard to see. You not only need to know where and when it appears, you have to have a DVD or Blueray to freeze the frame to see it.
                          According to Wikia the Pizza truck is not the yellow blur on the freeway. Where is it in the Incredibles?

Apparently there was a contest to find it.

Comment

I am oh-so tempted to make you wait a few days before answering.

First off, never trust wiki sites: they can be edited by anybody and it never fails that someone edits it wrong. Frankly, I'm surprised that this is still a mystery to people who care: the Animators revealed it themselves! According to the animators, and they show it in the video, the PPT is in the scene when the Incredibles have crashed the flying Winnebago down in Metroville. During the high-speed, confusing pursuit of the Omnibot, there is a very brief scene of a tanker truck.

Here's why people found it so difficult to see the PPT:

The PPT is only visible as a reflection in the shiny chrome of the tanker truck.

Comment

EE for the win. I guess I owe you a movie trivia answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X