This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.

I'm typically not big on thinking people should be comped a meal or a huge discount, but in this case? Holy shit.

That's AWFUL for the manager not to have apologized or given you *something* after all that.

Truly appalling.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      I get the understaffed part, I'm sure that everyone here has known the feeling of it at some point or another (I know I have). However, unless it's a super special meal,something that takes several hours to cook, or there was only one cook running the show, meals out shouldn't take more then a half hour to fifty minutes to cook.

Even then the server should have come back and said that it's taking a bit longer then normal, offer refills, and then kept checking.
      Even if it's a super special meal, it should not take anywhere near 3 hours if the kitchen staff at least know which end of the fork goes in things.

A reasonably competent, even if understaffed kitchen should have everything that is available on the menu already prepped, or almost everything, but most especially stuff that would take a while to cook.

Having worked in a kitchen with 4 staff, including myself, and 90 covers at our max capacity, which we pretty much always had through the entire night, so I know what high demand, low staff is like, though we always, always managed to get everything out in under an hour from the time of receiving the order.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
      X