No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you not going to tell us what it is?
    It's called "In the Regions of Sunreturn", by Michael Garrison. Electronic music, similar to Tangerine Dream. Dude passed away over ten years ago and I didn't even know it until I found his music recently on Youtube. Proceeded straight to Amazon to order the CD.

Link below to one of the tunes, "Escape".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMa1EFEHMhM
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• So very unlike me I actually went inside a grocery store today. I was admiring the flowers when the lady asked me about my kids and grandkids. After I bragged a bit she gave me some wrist corsages for my little women folk. I thank her and buy a few Bonsai trees she has. When I return to the house of my five grand-daughters four are there so I put the corsages on them. So what happens? Of my six grand-sons there are 3 present, they promptly pitch a fit because I didn't have corsages for them. I tried to explain that wrist corsages are a girl thing but they weren't having it, I had to send the wife to the store to buy corsages for the boys. I'll never figure these kids out.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• So, who's this "Pete" guy, and why are we doing/saying things for his sake?

(You know..."Oh, for Pete's sake!").
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• What was the red phone in the show "Emergency" for? Its marked "Private line! DO NOT TOUCH!"
          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• Imagine if there was no weight limit for skydiving...an extremely fat person would plummet down to earth with a tiny little parachute trying to stay open...
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
              So, who's this "Pete" guy, and why are we doing/saying things for his sake?
              St. Peter actually, IIRC.

Comment

• Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                What was the red phone in the show "Emergency" for? Its marked "Private line! DO NOT TOUCH!"
                Well my guess is that it was a direct line to the nearest pizza place or liquor store, but who knows....
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Or the combined booze store and gambling den....poker in the rear,liquor in the front
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• I wonder if those fixer-upper shows ever have episodes like, "So here's what we're thinking for your house: burn that motherfucker to the ground and build a new one, because this shit is hopeless. Does that work for you?"
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      Imagine if there was no weight limit for skydiving...an extremely fat person would plummet down to earth with a tiny little parachute trying to stay open...
                      There's always cargo shoots...

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
                        There's always cargo shoots...
                        Or the discount OOI* chute... Thud! Poof!

* Opens On Impact
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Or the discount OOI* chute... Thud! Poof!

* Opens On Impact
                          That will leave a mark...

Comment

• I'm just processing a pile of receipts and came across one for a certain British supermarket whose colour scheme is orange and brown. At the top of the receipt, underneath the store name and logo, is "Welcome ! ! !"

I have two problems with this.

1) Multiple exclamation marks are the sign of a disturbed mind.
                            2) Welcome means "I'm delighted you're here, come in!" When you get a receipt you have just paid and are now leaving. They should be using "Thanks for coming ! ! !" instead of "Welcome ! ! !"
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              Well my guess is that it was a direct line to the nearest pizza place or liquor store, but who knows....
                              Heh "Dr.J. Daniel's and Dr. C. Cola are needed in surgery. Dr.s J Daniel's and C. Cola are needed in Surgery"
                              ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                                They should be using "Thanks for coming ! ! !" instead of "Welcome ! ! !"
                                Speaking of questionable punctuation etc. on signs...

There was one time Mom and I were shopping at a grocery store, and there was a sign advertising [Store] brand bottled water. The sign read "[Store] Water | Isn't that refreshing!"

I pointed it out to Mom, who agreed that the exclamation point makes it sound as though they're saying their water isn't refreshing at all (i.e. "[Store] Water isn't that refreshing"), as opposed to the rhetorical question one would ask after cooling off with it. (i.e. "Isn't that refreshing?")

We tried to point it out to a supervisor/manager, but I don't think he understood what we were trying to explain.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X