Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these your undies, or someone elses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these your undies, or someone elses?

Well this one made my day. Just for the record, this lady wasn't sucky.... just stupid.

So, I'm standing behind the counter, returning all sorts of things for customers of various moods. After returning stuff for about three customers, this lady comes up and puts this big box up on the counter and says she'd like to return it because it was defective. Turns out it was a laundry hamper, and the problem was that the screws weren't holding the lid on right. I figure the lady could have just put them back in and fixed the whole problem, but whatever.

So, I take the box off the counter so I can open it up and check the bag it's in for the return sticker, which, of course isn't on it. But the lady figures I'm looking for the problem, so she instructs me to open the lid. I'm happy after my lunch break, so I'm feeling cooperative. I play along and open the lid.

And right there in the bottom of this hamper is two dirty socks and a pair of underwear.

I calmly picked up the hamper, pointed it at her and said "Would you like your laundry?"

I tell you, she laughed so hard, and so did the other people behind her. It was awesome XD

Hmm, good thing she thought it was funny. I would have been mortified, myself. "Airing my dirty laundry" and all that.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

"Are... are you hitting on me?"
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"Here I am, haven't known you for even a minute and I'm showing you my undies!"

Comment

I don't know if she was even stupid...maybe "charmingly goofy" would be better. At least she could laugh at herself!

Comment

I would've been mortified, but having a laugh at it is always the best solution.
            Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good customer to laugh like that!
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Where's Jerry when you need him?

That was funny as Hell . .
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

That made my night!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X