Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still like that here, Steve. As a matter of fact, this same topic was found on a local newspaper's website. It was decreed that those items were not being bought for french toast, but instead, "Milk Sammiches". A great southern delicacy, only to be enjoyed on snowy days

Comment

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
      Know what always amused me about this?
      What do you make with milk, bread & eggs?

Oh GAWD! It's going to snow!!! French toast for everyone!!!
      If that's true, I want to know why no one has offered me any french toast when it's predicated to snow?
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Oh come on. The moment there was even a forecast of Snow, my brother/Dad's work started ushering people out of the building. "Get the hell home before it snows, or you'll never make it home! I heard there was going to be an inch of snow! Horror!"
        First time that happened to my brother, he shrugged at the person who told him to go home, said, "I can drive in snow," and continued on working.

Now, the weather that bothers me when driving in Texas? Rain. It accumulates in the slow lanes immediately, making it hard to drive. The first major rain I lived through down here was about May last year. And it just poured. I mean, it was bright and shiny one moment, the next, a huge wall of black clouds had rolled in, and you couldn't go outside without getting clean... it was crazy.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I think there's an automatic button that gets triggered with the passing of each season, wiping the previous one out of memory. It also has the side effect of panic at any change in the weather beyond sunny or cloudy.

It's also connected to the button that swipes logic and common sense regarding real weather hazards, to the tune of driving out in unplowed snow drifts just to browse the store. I didn't want to go out, I had to show up for work and I got in an accident for my trouble (and it wasn't even my fault!). Why are you people here when it's this bad out? There's a weather advisory, stay home! Sheesh.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
            Wouldn't know what snow storms are like, but I've got three words for you.

Hurricane season. Florida.

Doesn't matter if the damn storm is 600 miles south of us, so long as it's projected to head our way, all the stores will be stripped clean of bottled water and batteries.
            It's the same around Charleston(SC)...for the past 19 years now(since Hugo), they've been going on about how we're gonna get hit by "the big one" any day now... I think the Kmart I used to work at got all the smart customers, though...sure they were stocking up on bread, water, flashlights and batteries(which they would then return in about two days when it became clear that said items would not be needed after all), but we had it easy. How do I know this? One customer told me that he'd just come from the Wal-mart up the road, where they'd run out of batteries...so people were fighting over DVDs in the bargain bin, just to have something to squabble over.

Comment

Working...
            X