This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Party help?

My uncle is getting married in Febuary. The main part of the wedding is going to be a small family on the beach style wedding. Nothing big there.

There big part is the Wedding Party itself.
    There will be no formal dress, no dinner courses, no speeches, no formal sitting.
    All it is going to be is food, drinks and games.

Now... We are currently looking into several (hundred) ideas for what we would like to have as decorations around the place, food to serve, games to play and so on.

Currently, we are getting flags, banners, fake flowers, lanterns, candles, an outside fire for decoration, but we can always use more ideas.
    The location is near a lake and most of the event will take place outside.

Anyone got any suggestions for what we could have? It must be cheapish though...
    Oy... Thinking about all this is already making me exhausted.

We gots a lot to do.
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Beach cricket? Or any beach game really?

I have an interesting one for a wedding: the garter/bouquet toss. And not in the way you think: basically you have a "bouquet" (make it fake-you'll see why) or a garter and each person (male or female) has to toss it a certain distance. Whoever tosses it the furthest gets to keep it? Something like that anyway

Where are you based? I might be able to recommend some more based on that.

Too bad you can't do a Tuna Toss!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We got cricket on the list, as well as soccer and bunch of other outside games.
      What we need are ideas for decoractions. The formal things are really not going to be part of this.

In another way of explaining... its going to be a huge party.

Comment

Well..here are some weird off the wall ideas ... for decorations.

Surfboards. They can be colorful, and go with the beach theme well.
        Tiki's..some can be very interesting.
        Sand Sculptures of various things.
        Beach Blankets.
        Not sure how it is spelled but basically the Hawaiian banquet setting.
        Torches.
        Maybe a grass/leaf awning over where the groom/bride will be standing.
        hmm give me some time..though all my ideas will be a bit...'off the wall'
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Well..here are some weird off the wall ideas ... for decorations.

Surfboards. They can be colorful, and go with the beach theme well.
          Tiki's..some can be very interesting.
          Sand Sculptures of various things.
          Beach Blankets.
          Not sure how it is spelled but basically the Hawaiian banquet setting.
          Torches.
          Maybe a grass/leaf awning over where the groom/bride will be standing.
          hmm give me some time..though all my ideas will be a bit...'off the wall'
          Heeey... not bad.
          It will still be summer down here.

Comment

Sort of have wanted to be a designer for some time. Decorating a place is fun for me. My biggest issue is once I get a theme in mind is my OCD .. I can't get off that theme...*laughs*. So 'Hawaiian Beach Party' is what I am/was focused on. You could even get some lilies (spelling) for the water..possibly shake it up a little with some Japanese lanterns (if it's going to be at night).

Maybe get some leis (spelling again..the thing they generally put on people as they come into Hawaii?) and put them around?
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

If you wanted to "Australianize" it a bit, just raid your local tacky souvenir shop

Comment

I think the word you are looking for is Luau

Comment

Also maybe have a raid of Cheap as Chips, The Reject Shop and Go-Lo (or any other $2 stores down here). See if you can come up with some decent decorations. Don't forget thongs and the barbie!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    Also maybe have a raid of Cheap as Chips, The Reject Shop and Go-Lo (or any other $2 stores down here). See if you can come up with some decent decorations. Don't forget thongs and the barbie!
                    Oh we have looked into places like that. Lots of good ideas, but nothing that seems to match what we are looking for. We'll still look.

We got an outdoor fireplace... I suggested that we have a DIY food section here. Sticks, sausages, fire.
                    People'll love it.

Comment

Are you doing some sort of wedding "cake?"

It should be a pavlova

Comment

Lanterns with real or fake (electric) candles.
                        Twinkly lights (either fairy lights or tea lights)
                        Garlands and banners
                        Driftwood
                        Hay bales (for sitting & displaying food - just cover with a sheet)
                        Seagrass & wheat bouquets in mason jars
                        Fake coral

Also hit up thrift stores and see what sorts of silverware, plates, wine glasses, mugs, etc they have, and do a totally eclectic set - it can even be a wedding gift, where the couple gets to keep this really neat mixed set of old china. Also see if you can find some large vases (around a meter tall) or baskets for creating larger decor pieces.

Comment

I think we are throwing the formal big cake idea out...

Pavlova is a must though!

We got some laterns, but some of those things we could look into.

Comment

Working...
                          X