This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Attitude SC of the Year & a Bonus

This tidbit happened on Monday right after we closed. On New Years Eve, our stores were open from 9-5. My manager had put up a sign since Thanksgiving highlighting our holiday hours. But y'all know how well customers can read

Whenever we close, as a courtesy, we always leave the drive-thru open an extra fifteen minutes or so for packaged items only, like milk or quarts of ice cream. Most of the customers are good with this and there are usually only about three cars per night. Monday night there were about ten cars that came through. That wasn't a real problem, as packaged items are easy to get and restock. Until one woman decided to have an attitude.

As my co-worker M was helping a person at a window, I went to help the next person at the speaker.

Me: Yours truly
    AW: Attitude-filled Woman

Me: Welcome to Dairy Store, we are opened for packaged items only. How may I help you?
    AW: You mean I can't get an ice cream cone?
    Me: No ma'am, I'm sorry we closed at 5 and are only open for items like milk and quarts of ice cream.
    AW: *taking attitude to the tenth level* But how am I supposed to use my Cone of the Month card if this is the last day and it doesn't carry over?
    Me: "thinking: you had the past 29 days (we were closed on Christmas) to use that card at at least 20 different stores in the Chicagoland area." saying nicely: I'm sorry ma'am but we are only opened for packaged items.
    AW: *scoffs and pulls forward*

M heard all this through his head set and he was nice enough to sell her the cone, even though I would have just let her go. He's a great worker, I'll miss him most when I leave for school next week

Bonus

I got a weird call at 12:13am on New Years day from a person with a 716 area code. It woke me up (yes I was tired so I went asleep) and I didn't even know the person. But he did wish me a good New Year and to have a nice day of work today, Tuesday.

I've considered calling the number back to find out who that person was. By the way, does anyone happen to know this area code location?
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

It's been awhile since I lived there <25 years>, but I believe the area code is from the Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY area.

Comment

yep.

Comment

I don't know anyone from their at all. I wonder if they ever got in contact with the person they wanted to talk to.?
        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
          AW: *taking attitude to the tenth level* But how am I supposed to use my Cone of the Month card if this is the last day and it doesn't carry over?
          "But... but... HOW WILL I EVER SAVE MONEY??"

Comment

Here ya go:

http://www.whitepages.com/maps/NY

Comment

I work at the mall kiosk, that sells glass figurines. Sunday was our last day (YAY!! ) And the managers had the genius idea to pack up the kiosk while the mall was open.

So, I'm in there in jeans and a t-shirt, wrapping up the stuff we didn't sell. I'm on the outside of the kiosk, wrapping from the counters because its easier. There's boxes and stuff everywhere. It's obvious we're closing. But, we have a register open, because people see us leaving and suddenly its URGENT they get that glass cat.

Apparently some lady had been looking while I was packing (most of them rudely push the boxes and stuff out of the way to get to where they want to look). Then she went and shopped around the mall and came back, and what she was looking at had already been packed by that point. So, what happens? She totally bitches me out!

"I can't believe this! You packed up what I was looking at! I don't understand...you're having this sale and then you're packing everything up! This is ridiculous!"

I just said "I'm sorry" and went back to packing. What a terrible CSR I am...doing my job, and not being able to read customers' minds.
              "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
              "Red."
              "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
              "RED!"
              "..."

Comment

Off topic, but it reminds me of one night when I was in college that I got a call from South Africa. It was a former student trying to call his old frat house, but for whatever reason, my dorm room number is the one he had. He was nice enough though, and even in my half-awake state I was able to find the number in the campus directory for him. A happy thanks and 'Cheers!' from him, and that was it. I did feel good that I could help him out, even though it was around midnight.
                A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                  Bonus

I got a weird call at 12:13am on New Years day from a person with a 716 area code. It woke me up (yes I was tired so I went asleep) and I didn't even know the person. But he did wish me a good New Year and to have a nice day of work today, Tuesday.

I've considered calling the number back to find out who that person was. By the way, does anyone happen to know this area code location?
                  Happy New Year from Buffalo!

Comment

I actually had someone wish me a happy new years by texting me from the 403 area code. I know where it is, but I don't know anyone in it.

Maybe it's some new thing people started? Contacting random people and wishing them happy *insert holiday*?
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Kinda off topic:

www.localcallingguide.com

You can find the location of any phone number in North America from this website and in most cases who the service provider of that number is so long as you have the area code and exchange.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        Maybe it's some new thing people started? Contacting random people and wishing them happy *insert holiday*?
                        bet that seems like all kinds of fun if one is drunk enough.... and not paying for the call.
                        Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                        X