Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did she just cuss me in the Queens English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did she just cuss me in the Queens English?

I was helping this customer on the phone, and she had to make the whole deal a full on memoir.

She was trying to find this book, and she had no luck with the competitors or online. So she tried us. And guess who got that call?

Anyway, after putting her on hold for a few minutes after she spent 5 minutes (Yes, I timed it) chatting about her neverending quest to find said book, I pick the phone backup again, and tell her that I can't find the book.

SC: "The book title is (Forgot title...) X, X, X, X, T as in TWIT...."

Yes, she had to include "twit" in her spelling. Of all the T words to use.....and the way she said it, it implied that she was calling me a twit. Oh well, on hold for another couple of minutes....managed to find the book, and got her info. Tell co-irkers, go on with my life.

At that point, I would've failed to find the book for her no matter how hard I searched.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Methinks you are reading too much into this.
      I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

geez if she spent that long telling you about her quest to find the book i have one quote for you

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much."

protest meant toast back then (this is from Hamlet during a scene just after the queen gives hamlet a toast)

Comment

Meh. Probably just the first 'T' word she could think of. I tend to do similar.
          'B as in Bitemark, L as in Lion, A as in Arrogant...'
          If she'd been shouting and ranting and CALLING you a twit, yeah.

Nethertheless, she sounds irritating.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
            geez if she spent that long telling you about her quest to find the book i have one quote for you

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much."

protest meant toast back then (this is from Hamlet during a scene just after the queen gives hamlet a toast)
            SO in otherwords... The lady needs to cut down on the booze?

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
              SO in otherwords... The lady needs to cut down on the booze?
              More like prescribed some different meds. I mean seriously, I don't want to know why you want the book (either to read or have some freaky sexual relations with it), just spit out the Title, Author, or even the Publisher.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                Did she just cuss me in the Queens English?

Only in as much as you consider the words, "idiot" or "fool" cussing. Now, if she called you a dinge queen, said something about your tadger, or told you to naff off then maybe...
                "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

A for horses, B for mutton, C for yourself, D for kate, E for brick, F for vessence, G for police, H be for beauty, I for tower, J for orange...

(darn I used to know the entire alphabet like that, I can't remember what K is)
                  Last edited by edible_hat; 01-04-2008, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    A for horses
                    Hwah? Huh?
                    How is A for horses?

I had a mother and her son come through my line yesterday, and, if I remember correctly, she accidentally hit her son with one of the scrapbooks she was buying. Kid starts bawling (as expected, as it's apparently "Send your screamy kids to Juwl" day, wish someone had told me.) Kid bawls, but only through the end of the transaction, then suddenly, he stops entirely, and asks his mom something (forget what). Mom turns back to me, and I say, "Truly, the slings and arrows of childhood are far less disastrous than I remember them being, apparently," I don't even know why I said it. Mom looked at me funny, and I explained to her what I meant.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      How is A for horses?
                      It took me a minute to get it..... A sounds somewhat like "Hay." Hay for horses. And then it goes "beef or mutton", etc.

Comment

At least it was "twit" and not "tw*t"**.

**fill in a different vowel.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Cyanocobalamin View Post
                          It took me a minute to get it..... A sounds somewhat like "Hay." Hay for horses. And then it goes "beef or mutton", etc.
                          yep! See for miles, defacate, heave a brick, effervessence, chief of police...

Comment

Working...
                          X