X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Roundup

A few stories saved up over the holidays:

Worst. Idea. Ever.

My bookstore closes at 10. We also have a cafe in the store, which closes at 10 as well, but if patrons take a few minutes to finish their food the staff won't kick them out or anything.

At 10:30 I am straightening some displays by the front register when I see two women coming up from the cafe. One of them has a huge armload of crap. Uh-oh.

Stupid Woman: I need to buy this!

Me: I'm sorry ma'am, we closed half an hour ago and all the registers are closed.

SW: But I neeeeeeed to buy this stuff!

Me: I'll be happy to hold it for you, but as I said the registers are closed and it is impossible for me to check you out.

SW: I don't want to have to come back here!

Me: >I don't want to have to come back here either, but I need the money< Ma'am, there is no way I can check you out now. I can hold the items for you.

SW: I'll just give you a blank check, take the stuff and you can figure it up in the morning and fill it out!

Me: I can't do that.

SW: Why not?

Me: It's a really bad idea to leave a blank check lying around with strangers. Now, can I hold those items for you?

SW: NO! I'll just find them again when I come back! >dumps stuff and stomps out<

A. How stupid is she to expect us to take a blank check and fill it out in the morning? B. How stupid is she to give strangers a blank check? C. We closed 30 minutes ago, bitch. D. You are just making it harder on yourself by not letting me hold your stuff for you, but somehow you think you're punishing me. Brilliant.

But There's a Line!!

Woman comes up to Help Desk to pick up a special order. For the past 6 months we have held special orders at the Register. If there is no line I will go to the Register to retrieve SO's for people, but being two days before Christmas the Help Desk had a huge line.

Me: I'm sorry ma'am, we hold special orders at the register now.

Whiny Woman: But there's a line!

Me: Is the book already paid for? If it's paid for I can just grab it for you.

WW: Nooooooo! You mean I have to wait in THAT LINE?

Me: Well; you have to pay for the book, so you'll have to wait in THAT LINE either way.

WW stomps off.

I would feel more sympathetic to these people if the postcards we sent to notify people that their orders have arrived didn't have 'Your special order can be picked up at the REGISTER' right on the front.

Stupid People Tricks

We get stupid questions all year round, but more during the holidays. Here is a list of some of the best:

Do you have the game Wii?

Do I have to pay the price it says on the sticker?

Do you take photos and transfer them to quilts?

Um, we're a BOOKSTORE.

https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

You just gotta wonder if some people have ever worked a day in their life.... sheesh. MANDATORY RETAIL SERVICE FOR ALLL!
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
      MANDATORY RETAIL SERVICE FOR ALLL!
      My God...you've found the cure! The cure to all these stupid people asking stupid questions! YOU"VE FOUND A CURE!
      Thank you a million times over. That would actually help...mostly. You'd still have the lazy workers but the majority would be cured of their ignorance and be beaten with the common sense stick!
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
        MANDATORY RETAIL SERVICE FOR ALLL!
        And that goes super extra double for people in Corporate; CEO, CFO, and especially the entire Planogram department!
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
          You just gotta wonder if some people have ever worked a day in their life.... sheesh. MANDATORY RETAIL SERVICE FOR ALLL!
          God no, please! I know it seems like a great idea, but I don't want to have to be stuck working with some dipwad who does nothing to help out, complains the whole time, and can't even be gotten rid of because the work is mandatory. At least with SCs now I have the good fortune that I don't have to deal with them every minute of my shift.

Think of your fellow CSers.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Hmmm my thoughts on the check were that if you did take it and fill it out, it would go bouncy bouncy.
            My Wajas cave

Comment

Working...
            X