Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bigger you are, the more free stuff you should give away!! (quickie)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bigger you are, the more free stuff you should give away!! (quickie)

I had someone call today, that wasn't even a customers of ours, looking to find out if we give away free calendars.

She was miffed when she found out we don't do that type of thing. We have no need for such self promotion and even if we did, we would only offer them to paying customers or potential customers.

Her final comment to me was "A company your size, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T GIVE AWAY FREE CALENDARS!!".

I had a feeling that she was sitting in front of the TV with bootsie the dog in her lap, watching her beloved Oprah, and randomly calling companies whose number she found in the yellow pages looking for freebies.
    Last edited by LifeCarnie; 01-03-2008, 09:54 PM.
    Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

The last calendar we gave away was a 2000 edition. Still get asked every single year though. Size of company: Just under 70 Billion dollars

Comment

I got 3 calendars this year. One from my bank, one from my pharmacy and one from my doctor. All free. None of these are big companies and could probably use all the promotion they can get. I agree, why take from the bottom line when you have a company that is large, well known and doesn't need the promotion.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I hate calendars. I'm so glad none of the businesses where I normally shop want to foist them on me.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

We ordered from our favorite Chinese food place on Christmas Eve this year and got the coolest calendar from them. It is kind of like a bamboo mat and it has the months on it and pandas with Chinese writing. It is so cute I hung it on the fridge. I'm thinking Chinese take out may just have to become a new Christmas Eve tradition.

Comment

justZu, that's my family's Christmas Eve tradition too, and I always take their free calendar because they're gorgeous! I think the promotion of it works too, because every time I look at it, I want chinese take out.
            "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

I had a couple at my store who decided the calender was free.

ME: Do you want that calender in your cart?
              SC: What?
              ME: Do you want that calender?
              SC: It's not free?
              ME: It says $6.99 right there.

The worst part? There was a display of similar calenders right behind them, with the sample physically chained to the display rack.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
              X