Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did You Give Me The Coffee I Never Ordered?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Give Me The Coffee I Never Ordered?

Cast of Characters:

SWL= Sucky weird lady
    M= Yours truly

SWL comes up and orders a doughnut and a hot chocolate for her little boy. That was it. So I ring it up, she pays, I deliver the goods. She stands there staring at me.

SWL= Did you get my coffee?
    M: Um, you didn't order one, ma'am.
    SWL= Yes I did.
    M: Well ma'am, the order screen only has the hot chocolate and the doughnut, and I'm certain you didn't give me a coffee order. Would you LIKE to order one?
    SWL= Well, I DID order one.

She then gives me a look like I had just told her kid there was no Santa, and then huffs out of the store.

Yeah. What the hell ever. Methinks she hightailed it out so quickly because she realized that she was WRONG and then she got embarrassed. id10t.
    "Penny Lou Pingleton, you are absolutely, positively, permanently punished! You will live on a diet of saltines and tang, and you'll never leave this room again....Devil child! Devil child!"

That happens to me all the time! While customers are ordering drinks, I stand at my register and type them all in, and then before I go to make them, I read back the order just to make sure. Yet they still argue that they ordered something they didn't, and huff about it.

Comment

happens to me sometimes - though usually it really *was* on the receipt etc.

but really... so a coffee didn't make it on the order? as long as you didn't get charged for it, so what? That's when you say "Oh, sorry! Yes, I'd like to order a coffee then please," and pay for a coffee. Not like it takes more than 5 minutes to complete...

Comment

Customers seem to forget that we are human and lack mind reading skills
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          happens to me sometimes - though usually it really *was* on the receipt etc.

but really... so a coffee didn't make it on the order? as long as you didn't get charged for it, so what? That's when you say "Oh, sorry! Yes, I'd like to order a coffee then please," and pay for a coffee. Not like it takes more than 5 minutes to complete...
          That's what I do. I'll say "excuse me, I didn't get my Coke".

And, I'll either get it or have it pointed out to me that it wasn't on the order for some reason (either I didn't ask or they didn't hear ... doesn't matter). In that case, I'll say "Oh, can I order a Coke then please?"
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

And, I'll either get it or have it pointed out to me that it wasn't on the order for some reason (either I didn't ask or they didn't hear ... doesn't matter). In that case, I'll say "Oh, can I order a Coke then please?"
            That right there, is the difference between SC & non-SC.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

That is what I do
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

One time I got a coffee I never ordered... I was with a group of people who knew the barrista, and it was her last day so she kept sending us extra coffees.

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                  That right there, is the difference between SC & non-SC.
                  Thank you!
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

It's a Fine line. a Non-SC isn't someone who doesn't complain its people who understand we are all human and can make mistakes and attempt to correct them without always being. I've been wrong they've been wrong. An SC simply bitches until the abric of space-time rips and they are now correct.

Comment

round here we call that the reseller mind trick.

no... I don't have the coffee you didn't order.... you don't need to see my badge...these are not the droids you are looking for.....
                      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Working...
                      X