Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowstorm Damage (Image heavy, NSF56K)

Well, Old Man Winter really showed us who's boss.....I managed 4 decent photos before the batteries on my camera died and we had to get to work cleaning this mess up.

I'm actually standing in the middle of the road, looking up it. That's my brother standing there.

This large branch is actually neatly blocking the entire driveway. Can't drive around it because there's a big rock in the side yard that we'd hit. And it's still attached to the tree firmly enough that we can't move it. See the big branch in the power lines in the background?

"Look ma! I can bend over and touch my toes!"

This one just barely missed my old car. That car just doesn't want to go away (but that's an entirely separate rant).
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Daaamn. That's crazy. Glad you're ok.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I feel for you. We had that happen in Oct. '06. Man that was a bitch to deal with. Four & a half days without power just about drove me nuts, and that was nothing compared to what some people put up with.

Are you able to go online at home, or did you have to go someplace else?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm at a relative's house in Boston. Still no power at my house.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

This is where chain saws, hot cocoa, generators and firewood are all useful
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

and wood stoves...mine got plenty of use cooking in Alaska.

Comment

Glad you're okay! That was one freakish snowstorm!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                This is where chain saws, hot cocoa, generators and firewood are all useful
                Well, that first will get you the last there.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I got caught in that storm too - roads in New England were really bad. Fun fact: on a secondary road (but still the main truck route to/from some businesses) with mature trees along both sides, the combination of wet snow (sticks to what it lands on) and trees that still have their leaves (more area for snow to stick to) can result in an overhead clearance less than 13' 6"
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I had power but a couple of our locations I believe didn't have power. We were running on COB plans and got a complement from one of our national contacts from one of our customers for turning our copy center into an impromptu COB center for a major, multi-million dollar project that MUST be sent out on time.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                      I had power but a couple of our locations I believe didn't have power. We were running on COB plans and got a complement from one of our national contacts from one of our customers for turning our copy center into an impromptu COB center for a major, multi-million dollar project that MUST be sent out on time.
                      For those of us not in the copy center business, what does COB mean? From context, I assume it's not the usual (close of business) meaning.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

*waves* That storm was just fun wasn't it? I'm near Hartford, we just got power back yesterday. Lost it the day of the storm, had no heat but at least hot water. I tell ya boiling water for heat is not fun. Hope you got your power back sooner then we did.
                        I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

And that is one of the reasons why I moved from MD -- because I didn't want to deal with that kind of weather anymore. *shudders*
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli
                            And that is one of the reasons why I moved from MD -- because I didn't want to deal with that kind of weather anymore. *shudders*
                            Lols. I moved to Maryland from Tennessee and I wanna move to NYC. I just keep going north by degrees. Thankfully despite how sensitive I am to cold I prefer it so much to heat. You can always put another layer of clothes on or another blanket on. Though I need some warmer shoes. Tennis shoes and rain boats don't cut it.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                              Though I need some warmer shoes. Tennis shoes and rain boats don't cut it.
                              Definitely invest it some warm footwear if you're moving to a colder climate. You will thank yourself later (and your toes will too).
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X