This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the earth move for you?

Here in Oklahoma we have thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes, flooding, ice storms, snow storms, dust storms, firestorms, and we even had a hurricane try to reform on us a few years ago.

We just had a 5.2 earthquake!

It was 50 miles from my house and it still shook everything. I thought it was a truck driving by, but it just kept building and building.

The record for Oklahoma is 5.5 right here in my home town back when my dad was in elementary school.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Ooooooh! No it didnt (im in PA), glad youre ok though. Any major damage throughout?

Comment

Well they revised it to 5.6.

There goes our record

Knocked a few things off some shelves,waiting to hear if there was any structural damage at the center near Prague.

They had a 4.7 early this morning, now a 5.6!

Comment

It's a shaky old world, isn't it? Been happening everywhere this year...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

im in north east kansas and i didnt feel it

Comment

NW Mo here, the house did the hula for about a minute, I felt the wobblies and the flash drive hanging up by the computer were swinging.
            Meeeeoooow.....
            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

felt both here in tulsa. first one i thought i was having a leg spasm until the doors started shaking. second one i was in the car so didnt feel it. but my brothers fiance did.
              This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
              my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'm so used to them from living in Alaska, I don't know that I would notice anything less than a 5.5 here.

Comment

Yeah I was awake and felt the big one last night. The one saturday morning, I heard rather then felt it. It sounded like a massive roll of thunder. The doors all rattled in the house though. After an evening of watching paranormal stuff....yeah I couldn't sleep.

I don't mind tornadoes, but earthquakes? Yeah totally not fun.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I haven't heard from my sister who lives in Spiro, so I'm guessing either she didn't feel it or she's waiting to call me later because of the predicted storms for this week.

She's usually good about calling about stuff like this. I know she's also busy with her new grandkid, so it could be that too.

It's also possible because we're both from California that we wouldn't give an earthquake a second thought because it's practically second nature to us to not think about things like that.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

In Louisiana, didn't feel anything that I'm aware of. But I was sound asleep, so who knows whether we got a tiny rumble or not.

Comment

Some Ghosthunters caught the earthquake on their cameras.

http://www.news9.com/story/15970858/...uake-on-camera

Comment

I would probably notice, but at the point of being in tornado country 10 years now, I wouldn't be scared by anything outside a siren.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Spoke with my sister this afternoon. She said that the house shook a little, and she wouldn't have known that there had been one if the wind chimes she has inside the house hadn't started swaying. The only damage were some pipes that popped open, but my BIL is a handyman and he got them fixed fairly quickly. No visible damage in the house itself.
                            Random conversation:
                            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I only get scared when the snow starts caving in roofs and the wind actually makes it so you cannot shut the door all the way. And the wind rattles the pipes in my apartment so loud, I keep thinking at any moment, this place is going to collapse. Same goes with lightning that is so close, the middle of the night is as bright as afternoon, and thunder that booms so loud, something falls off a shelf.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X