This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So proud of Little BIts

Little Bits got her acceptance letter for the college she has dreamed of going to since she was in the 8th grade yesterday. We are so proud of her. Now we have to figure out how to pay for her to go to a private college instead of a state college

Congrats to Little Bits!!!
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Major grats!!

And uh...scholarships? XD
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

So far the are offering her $12,000 in scholarships. I still need $22,000 to cover her first year

Comment

Holy mackerel!!!! Good luck with that, and just...wow.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Fasfa, Pell/TAP can be your best friend!

Comment

For the first year? Whoa!

Congratulations to your Little Bit!

Comment

That's awesome for Little Bit!!!

Comment

It is one of the top schools for Music Education majors. She wants to teach music. She will go up and audition for various music groups the callege has. Each one has a scholorship added to her accedimic scholorship. If she gets into their elite show choir that is an additional $11,000 in scholorship. The have estimated that without the additional music scholorships that our cost after PPELL and everything else will be about $10,000.00. She is applying for some local scholorships.

Comment

WHOA that's expensive.

On the other hand: you should all be incredibly proud of her.

Also, talk to local groups, local media. I don't know if the US has Lions or Rotary clubs or similar, but if they do, discuss the situation with them.

Often, local papers, local groups, etc, will help at least somewhat with something like that in exchange for the kudos to the community for having 'our LilBits' accepted to 'prestigious event'.

Lil Bits may be asked to play for a major event for said community groups, or sponsored by said groups, but I expect that she'd be fine with that. Yes?
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Go look at fastweb. It is a website dedicated to finding financial aid, and scholarships. There might be some there that she can apply for. When looking locally, look at community service groups like kiwanas, elks, rotary and others like that. Check with your church if you attend one. Way to go Little Bit. Go go go and make Mom prouder of you than she already is.

Comment

Yay! I don't have any advice, though. I went to Community College.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                        X