This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's paint the car park

I've put this here because the suckiness wasn't directly due to the guy being a customer, but what happened afterwards.

Friday lunchtime and I'm doing my round of the shop floor, getting litter swept up, that kind of thing, when I get called to the customer service desk. There stands a man who has come to inform us that he has spilt some paint on the car park.

((Me *screaming internally* OH NOES OH NOES NOT PAINT PLEASE NOT PAINT.....))

I follow him out and it's not just 'some' paint, it's the contents of two 5 litre cans of the stuff, which have fallen out of the crammed-with-junk boot of his hatchback and gone SPLAT! on the tarmac. Bonus points for parking in a parent and child space, buddy, when you've no child with you. At least it's water-based paint, if it had been gloss there'd have been nothing at all I could have done.

So I stamp my way back into the store, all my hate glands at full production, store employees scattering before me as they see the murder writ large on my face. And begin to fill the first of many buckets of water. By dint of much scrubbing and rinsing and mopping, I get pretty much all of it cleared away after half an hour - then comes the joy of cleaning everything I've used for the clearing up. Which takes the best part of another half an hour. Some Very Rude Words are said. Lots of them.

Later on, as I go past the desk, I tell the girl who had put out the call for me 'Next time someone comes in and tells you that they've spilled paint.... Kill them.'

If he'd waited till he got home to open his boot, the spill would have been his problem. No, he has to do it at the supermarket and make it mine instead. And drive off and leave me to it.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

To be fair, at least he told you, instead of driving off (making tire tracks with the paint!) and you didn't find out until it dried and was too late. Still, that's a nasty mess and pain in the backside to clean up. Hopefully it won't happen again.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Spilling paint in a parking lot where it can go down a storm sewer? Call the cops who WILL write him a ticket - and give you an address to send the bill!

Comment

Such idiocy is unfortunately not an uncommon occurrence. I see the evidence everyday in our parking lot. There are many different spills apparent, even after extensive cleanup efforts. Every time I walk past one of those historical reminders of SC stupidity (or carelessness, if feeling benevolent), I think to myself, "Thanks alot, dumbass." I feel better when I imagine that the offender ruined shoes or clothing as a result of their stupidity (or carelessness). Bonus points if they got some on their vehicle (evil snicker here).

Even worse is that I've seen customers spill paint IN THE STORE. One exceptionally bright lady set her gallon of paint halfway on to the checkout counter, after which it subsequently fell to the ground, EXPLODED, and spilled the entire gallon in the checkout aisle and all over the walls. In an all hands on deck scenario, all available associates were called to clean up the mess and help the maintenance guy. It was a horrible experience, but unfortunately one that will likely happen again. I did get some depraved satisfaction when I saw genius lady standing in an oversized plastic shopping bag trying to wipe the paint from her pants and shoes with a role of paper towels.

Comment

Quoth The Braindead Live View Post
          I did get some depraved satisfaction when I saw genius lady standing in an oversized plastic shopping bag trying to wipe the paint from her pants and shoes with a role of paper towels.
          I'm shocked to not hear she tried to sue the store as this was quite obviously YOUR fault...

Comment

The only time I ever had to call corporate in my first store one of the stockers pulling a pallet dumped 10 five gallon buckets of paint. We had to call the emergency cleanup line.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago we were out driving and saw a huge paint spill on the road, splattered over half a lane with a bunch of tire tracks through it... and a couple of days after that, my husband spotted a car we figure must have been right behind the ute/truck/whatever dropped the paint. Same colour paint, all over the front quarter and one wheel!

Comment

When part of the breezeway in front of my hotel was being painted, people would TEAR DOWN CAUTION TAPE to walk through it and ruin their shoes. The guys did 1 side at a time to leave an access area paint free. I'll admit I did enjoy seeing some of those dumbasses (some teens, some a lot older) crying over their expensive nikes / designer pumps. Muahahaa.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

This is a story from a former colleague, just when that particular branch of the Mart of K had opened.

Young girl (15?) o the register, telling a customer, no, no matter how many bags we put your paint in, it won't hold up.

He didn't listen, and yelled at the girl until she bagged it in at least 5 plastic bags, and stresses that he should not, in any way shape or form, pick it up by the handles of the plastic bag, instead to support from underneath.

Of course our hero ignores this, and goes to lift the bags, they break, paint all over the register and him.

He start yelling at her that she has to buy him a new outfit.

Manager approaches, and tells him to leave.

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
                    A couple of weeks ago we were out driving and saw a huge paint spill on the road, splattered over half a lane with a bunch of tire tracks through it... and a couple of days after that, my husband spotted a car we figure must have been right behind the ute/truck/whatever dropped the paint. Same colour paint, all over the front quarter and one wheel!
                    Oh man, that poor guy...

Comment

Working...
                    X