This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you still in business?

A bit of background. I graduated from college May 5. The cards that we gave to the announcer so she could call our names as we walked across the stage had a space for email addresses, with the idea that the cards would be in the same order as the pictures we took after walking across the stage so that the picture company could email us when our pictures were ready.

Well, I waited weeks for an email. Checked the site multiple times, and they had nothing. Filled out the "I attended this event why don't you have any pictures of me" form, which asked for a physical description of yourself as well as a picture so they can try to match the photos. Waited some more.

June 15th, I finally get an email. Here was the gist of it.

-----

[Insert picture of some chick with short, reddish purple hair, who is clearly not me, as I am brunette with long hair]

Your pictures are ready! The order deadline is 6/1.

-----

So not only did they get the wrong pictures, but I wouldn't be able to order any copies. This is incredibly disappointing to me as I had hoped to at least get one picture so I'd have something to encourage my daughter with when she's old enough.

Now I have to wonder how they stay in business. If you don't give people their pictures until after they have the chance to buy them, why take the pictures in the first place?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

First, congratulations on your graduation!

Second, I'd be curious to know when this company opened its doors, because I'd be happy to set up a pool on when those doors are going to close. Their method of connecting the photos and the students seems to me to be problematic (what happens if the cards get shuffled at some point?) And then to screw up the orders AND tell you the deadline has already passed ...

Have you tried contacting them again, to see if they can work something out so you can (a) get the RIGHT photos, and (b) still order some copies?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

What Pix said. Maybe the 1st is just the normal cutoff? Enclose another pic and a detailed description, too >_< Sounds like they weren't even close.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

All good advice. You should also contact the college, as this may well be a widespread problem among the graduates and there may be some coordinated effort to straighten things out.

Comment

Than you for the congratulations.

Quoth farmkid View Post
          You should also contact the college
          I already did. My intention was mostly to prevent the college from using them again, especially as online reviews of the company are exceedingly poor. In my mind, at least one other student is having the same problem as me (the one whose pictures are currently labelled as mine) and the college might not know about the issues we're having due to us being graduates and as such no longer affiliated with the college. I don't want them to think they made a great choice in photographers just because they haven't heard any complaints.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
          X