This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected Turns

So, as some of you may remember, I was dating a lovely nurse from Northern California. "Was" being the operative word. In January, for the second and final time, she broke it off with me. I was not happy, but I had kinda seen it coming. If you're looking for some bitter, angry words about her, you won't find them here, or anywhere else for that matter. Not coming from me. She is an absolutely wonderful woman, and we are still on friendly terms. And I wish nothing but the best for her, honestly.

The day after that happened, I turned to my buddy Popcorn and said, "Well, the good news is that now I can hit on any girl I want to. The bad news is, I just flat out don't give a shit."

And that was my mindset for a while, and it was fine. Life went on, I was suddenly forced to find a new job, and I was enjoying life, for the most part. Then in May, I took a much-needed mental health vacation, taking a week off and road-tripping up to the Tampa/St. Pete area. My friends were having their annual late May Cinco de Mayo party (they like Cinco de Mayo so much, they celebrate it twice), and they were letting me stay in their extra room. Free lodging? Yay!

As they are not my only friends in the area, I invited a couple of others to the party. One came, a woman I've been friends with for years, and nothing more than friends. But as we realized later, every time we'd seen each other, one or both of us were involved. This time, neither of us were. And much to our surprise, within an hour other arriving at the party, she and I were making out. At the party, and throughout the week, it got pretty hot and heavy between us. No worries, we're both adults, and we were enjoying this fling. It was completely unexpected by both of us, but it was fun.

And initially, that's all it was. A fun fling between friends. But life has a way of taking twists and turns you don't see coming. And over the next few weeks, we kept in touch, texting and talking on the phone. And very much enjoying each other's company. And earlier this month, she came down for a few days. And what had seemed hot and heavy in Tampa was suddenly game compared to what ensued here. It was very physical, yes, but more importantly, it was very emotional. And while very surprising, it also felt very, very natural. And, as she said on a few occasions, "We're in trouble."

Now, we've both been around. She's been married and divorced twice, and I've had my share of entanglements, so neither one of us is raising their expectations too high. But there is a good chance I'll be relocating to the Tampa/St. Pete area (NOT because of her; this is something that's been brewing, and I'll cover it in another post), so there's that. And as long distance relationships go, Key West to Tampa is not that bad.

My life has taken a few unexpected turns. This has certainly been one of them. Remember how I said that I've been friends with this woman for years? Those of you who have been on this site for a while may remember her from way back. Because I met her years ago at Tiny Dancer's memorial. She's TD's sister.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

I wish you both all the happiness!

Comment

I had a feeling, based on your previous thread that the gal had something to do with Tiny Dancer.

I, of course, wish you two the best. I can also understand a situation where friends can become more. I'm trying o figure that out in my life. Of course, it's a nightmare on my end.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
      X