This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dentist prices - Louisiana

There are so many people on here, maybe some of you can help me. My teeth have seriously deteriorated since I had my hysterectomy last year. Basically, I need false teeth. So today, one of the dentists I went to gave me the following prices, I'd like to know if these are correct in Louisiana or if I'm being robbed.

We can't afford full implants.

Option One
    Bottom
    Cap on back molar
    Fill three cavities on molars
    One molar is fine.
    All other teeth pulled, temp denture until healed
    These are to serve as the anchor for a partial denture

All teeth pulled, full denture. I have a small tori in the top that may need surgical removal before this can be done so the price may increase.

Current total including surgery and anesthesia: just under $12,000

Option Two
    Pull all teeth. Full denture on top. Two implants on bottom with a snap on denture. Temp dentures on top and bottom until healed.

Current total including surgery and anesthesia: $16,100

These prices may increase or decreased depending on what the surgeon says when we meet in August.

This seems high to me no matter which option I choose. Consider that she prices the top denture alone with nothing else at $1200. Most places that I've been able to find online state that this is a high price. And most websites hit a maximum of $1000 unless something special is desired.

I'm seeing online that it's more likely at the beginning to pay somewhere around half the price even with the extractions. And that's from this year and last years prices from the net.

Ok, found a better place. $9200. Still expensive but almost half the price. That I can live with. This just really really REALLY sucks.

Comment

Is there a college nearby with a dental school? When I was a kid I had braces and other stuff and my single mom got it way cheaper at a dental school, because it was the students doing the work to get practice.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I can't even get an appointment with the local dental school until October. So no, not really. And the appointment doesn't even guarantee they will help me, its just to discuss my problems with my teeth and they MIGHT. It could take months more after to get the answer. In the meantime, I would be in pretty bad pain.

Comment

Working...
        X