This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not privy to that information

This isn't under 'Sucky Customers' because these people were mildly annoying but not particularly sucky.

Our store is closing down (well, the entire chain of our stores, actually) so we currently have "merch" on sale ... but not the teas, not yet.

My first shift under the closing sales netted me three people who asked some variant of the following:

Customer: "So, when are your teas going on sale?"

Me: "Next week."

Customer: "Yes, but when?"

Me "Next week."

Customer: "But when??"

The first time it finally dawned on me that they wanted to know on what specific day the tea sales will start. The times after that I didn't cut the questioner off quickly only because by then I was so befuddled by the business we were doing (even without tea sales) that I admit it took me a couple of minutes to realize "OMG here we go again."

I have no clue, folks. Really. Here's our website; email corporate and see if they'll tell YOU.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I get that all the time with any of our holiday clearance. People ask when it's going to go real cheap and I always say I don't know. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Let's face it though by the time things go below 50% mostly it's just junk left. And people still fight over the price.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I got that sometimes back when I worked at Macy's.....I'd tell the customer(s) that I didn't know specifically when the item in question would be on sale, just that we usually had our big sales on Friday-Sunday.

Comment

re: Thread title "I am not privy to that information"

Hmm. "Don't should on me." ?
        "They didn't dump that here." ?
        "My interest is dropping." ?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          re: Thread title "I am not privy to that information"

Hmm. "Don't should on me." ?
          "They didn't dump that here." ?
          "My interest is dropping." ?
          Don't make me come over there and hit you ...

~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'm not getting the repetition anymore ("But when? But WHEN?!?") but of course I'm still getting The Question ...

I might have to start coming to work with this on my apron:

And yeah, I know that the 35th person who asks The Question doesn't realize that 34 others have asked it before him/her. That's the only thing (so far) that's kept me from beaning somebody with a cast-iron teapot.

And we still have 25 days left ...
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post

Oh crap!

Danger, Will Robinson!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                You never know, Dalesys may like that....
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

You could just always say Thursday. I mean it could be a Thursday. Or not. Chances are they would probably come back and complain about "that girl" who told them today the sale would start and not realize it was you.
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

"I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's a day ending in Y."
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Do you have a co-worker that you don't like (or one who is your BFF and pranking each other is an expression of love)? Check the schedule for the next day that he or she is working and you are not.

To customers: the sale will start promptly at 2pm on Saturday. To yourself

Comment

I'm only sorta surprised by the question. Stores used to start their sales on the same day every week/month/etc, but really I don't think anyone aside from grocery stores do that any more, outside of special annual sales.
                        Seph
                        Taur10
                        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X