This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm gonna get sent to jail!"

Here's another good one. This happened today.

A woman from the benefits department came in looking for a letter that had allegedly been overnighted and delivered Friday (it was now Monday). She had a store employee on the phone (I work at the home office for a local chain) who was freaking out that benefits had t gotten the letter yet. She was upset because she "spent $16 to overnight it!" And if she didn't get the money she was requesting by the next day, she'd "get thrown in jail!"

We had no such letter. We checked everywhere, and could not find anything. Finally I asked for a tracking number. Turns out neither the benefits lady nor the "freaking out employee" had thought to ask for/give one.

She called Employee back and got the number. Turns out it had been given to The AR department, because was just addressed to "Company" without bothering to add anything like HR, Benefits, "Alice in HR" or any other clue. My coworker who sorts the mail thought it was a check, because seldom are otherwise-unmarked overnight envelopes anything but a check.

So it worked out in the end, but COME ON!! If the stakes really are So high that you're GOING TO JAIL if this paperwork doesn't arrive, why the hell didn't you put ATTN BENEFITS or SOMETHING to make it clear who needed to get it???? And why the fuck did t you call on FRIDAY!!! Why are you waiting until the DAY BEFORE YOURE GONNA GET SENT TO JAIL??????

Damn....talk about dumb!

All together now.....FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART!!!!!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 08-07-2017, 10:35 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Why was she going to get sent to slammer over a payment? Was it a fine?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I didn't ask. I'm guessing it was some sort of court-ordered payment (fine, child support, whatever) and failure to pay would constitute contempt or some such thing.

Or, perhaps more likely, the store employee was blowing smoke up the benefits lady's ass in an attempt to expedite the process.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

As a benefits worker myself, I am seeing a lot of smoke in the air.

Comment

Working...
        X