No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what your problem is, but did you really have to slow your roll to turn and stare at me, gaze bearing down as if I had run over your puppy, just because I got into my car?? That's literally all I did--I got in my car, closed the door, went to turn the key and noticed she'd gotten past me to her building when she suddenly dead stopped, turned, and stared me down. I've NEVER had an actual interaction with her but I've randomly seen her in the parking lot because she lives in the building across from me. I think. See? I don't even know because I don't know her from Eve. And yet every time she sees me she does this. I'm going to have to assume my complex has started renting to more mentally ill people than ever before, maybe because their rent is guaranteed by the state. That makes several neighbors exhibiting bizarre behavior around me. I can't afford to move.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• So it's quiet all night but you decide to start fireworks at 2:15 am??

Comment

• Busybody neighbor was painting the front doors of the building today.

In other news, I managed to get an apartment! Without a co-signer, even. I don't make the proper amount (3x rent), so I was surprised. Anyway, it was down to the wire. I got approved on the 12th, and officially signed the lease on the 17th. I have to be out of my current place by the 31st.

It's not the Ritz. It smells like smoke if you close the windows (not crazy bad, but enough to be annoying) and the beautiful big kitchen and living room windows are like five feet from parked cars. It wasn't cleaned super well, so I've been over cleaning. But enough of the bad. There are lots of good things. I have a dishwasher again! The dishwasher and refrigerator are only two months old. My kitchen is bigger, and I have a little dining area. Currently I have no dining space at all. The bathroom has a full bathtub, not just a shower like my place now. I have two closets, instead of just one.

It is in an "eh" neighborhood. Not terrible, or anything. But these places are not like "stay forever" places. That's actually another positive. I only had to sign a six month lease, and after it goes to month to month. So I could get on a waiting list for a better place, and not be locked into a year lease, which is what my old landlord does. It really is difficult in this town to find a place at the exact time your year long lease ends. Anyway, I'm moving Saturday! Then I'll clean the old place really good so my landlord doesn't charge extra, and I'll have the carpets cleaned. That's another annoying thing. This is the first place I've rented where I'm responsible for getting the carpets cleaned. Usually that's considered normal wear and tear, but whatever.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Food Lady, we've got some oddballs around here, too, not even mentioning the possible drug dealers on one side of me and the busybody old bat on the other side.

There's this one guy who walks up and down the street bouncing a basketball. He's a grown man, not a kid, not a teen. Every now and then, he'll stop, and stare at one of the houses. Just stands there, stone still, and stares for a while, then he'll move on. There's never anything happening at any of the houses he stares at. Sometimes he stares at people, too.

I try not to make eye contact with him, he gives me a creepy feeling. There was one time the cops were looking for him because someone claimed he'd been nosing around the windows at the church on the corner.

Just lots of random oddballs around, I guess.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I was over at the old apartment getting a couple more things out and saw that in addition to painting the front doors of the building, Busybody neighbor also painted the laundry room door, put up curtains on the front doors, and replaced the address numbers. Can we say, get a life?

I'm getting a feel for my new place. It's fine. My neighbors on one side are a very nice retired couple, and I'm not 100% on who's on the other side but I think it's an older guy who walks with a cane. He seems to go get in his car, leave, and come back within minutes. I think he drives to get the mail and such. I still have to go clean my old place, but I've been so dead from work I haven't had time.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              I was over at the old apartment getting a couple more things out and saw that in addition to painting the front doors of the building, Busybody neighbor also painted the laundry room door, put up curtains on the front doors, and replaced the address numbers. Can we say, get a life?
              I literally said "What?!" and then

Comment

• Any way you can get Busybody neighbor to clean your old place?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Busybody has put some chairs on the lawn, put up some sort of wall art on the outside of the house, and added some outside potted plants. (she put some fake plants in the hallway months ago)

Maybe if I drive by a few weeks from now the building will be made of gingerbread and there will be missing children signs everywhere.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    Maybe if I drive by a few weeks from now the building will be made of gingerbread and there will be missing children signs everywhere.

Comment

• For corn's sake, just get the lice shampoo, use it, and comb the nits out once and for all! Do we really have to see you out there every weekend picking them out by hand in the courtyard? You're giving your neighbors a show they don't want to see.

Comment

• "Hello, Landlord?"

Comment

• Dude, your dog has been outside for at least 6 hours without water or shelter from the sun! The poor pupper. And he could use a bath and a brushing. Also, he's overweight - would it kill you to take him for a walk once in a while?

I've been tempted to offer to take the dog for a walk, as long as the neighbor provides the leash and poop baggies. But I'm not good with confrontation. I did, however, put out a bowl of water the last two times I saw the dog outside for more than an hour without water. I don't know if the dog drank any of it, but I feel better knowing it was available.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Why do people have animals if they're not going to take care of them??

Comment

• It's bad enough that I have to watch you court cancer (who sunbathes in full sun at noon??) but do I have to breathe in the smoke from your two pre-bed cigarettes every night? I should've put the stinky garbage on my porch with the fan blowing in your general direction.

Comment

• Congratulations: you've lived next door to me only a couple of months and you've already managed to make me not like you. I don't mind loud music as such but I hate how every sound system out there causes bass to reverberate through all the floors in the adjacent apartments. Why is that necessary? Also, why is it not in your living room? From what I can tell it's in your dining room which does touch my apartment. ugh It just bugs me for whatever reason. Same with those ridiculous car systems.

<half hour passes>

I see you've decided to step out. Oh, did you not like my singing? I apologize; I have allergies. Or perhaps you're not an Ella F. fan? Well, I can enjoy her in peace now.
                                Last edited by Food Lady; 10-29-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X