This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm ...

What is with these places that contact you (especially through a third party) and say, "Yeah, we'd like to interview [Applicant] today" ??

Got a call like that when I got home from running errands today.

They're willing to interview me tomorrow as well.

I looked the place up on various sites on the internet and there is NOT ONE GOOD REVIEW OF THEM. People complain of rudeness, being overcharged, being charged for work that wasn't done (while the receipt indicates it WAS done), and so on and so forth.

Could be an interesting interview ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I think I would skip that interview. It sounds like a waste of time.

Comment

I did go to it, but it was weird. Guy is rather young (although these days, everybody is rather young in my eyes, LOL) and he didn't really seem to know what he was doing in terms of conducting an interview.

Anyway, he asked if I'd like to come in one day as a try-out. I said sure. We settled on Aug. 31 (Thursday).

Then I run some errands and when I get home, there's a message from him. I don't know if it was his phone or my machine, but I could barely understand what he was saying, except that it seemed he wanted to change my "trial" day. I called back and got the woman at the front desk. She said he wanted me to come in Monday instead.

Me: "Wait, this Monday? As in two days from now?"

Her: "Yes."

So wait ... first he's okay with my coming in 10 days from now, and then suddenly it's less than 48 hours from now? WTF?

In any case, I can't do it. This is the tea store's last week of operations and I have four shifts, of which Monday's is one. I want a transfer to The Mothership and dumping a shift to do a "trial" day on a job is probably not a good way to go about it.

So I explained the situation and told her I couldn't come in on Monday. Didn't think to ask about coming in another day (although this Thursday would be the earliest I could manage anyway) because the whole thing just kinda threw me for a loop.

I suspect he's gonna go looking for somebody else. Oh well.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. THEY sound very disorganized etc. While it sucks to possibly lose out on an opportunity, it may be better in the long run

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
          .... THEY sound very disorganized etc. ...
          Boy howdy, have you got THAT right. Just came home to a message asking me to come in a few minutes early TOMORROW.

I KNOW that I repeated the damned date during the interview.

Called back and left a message saying my understanding is that the trial date was August 31 and that I had made it clear I have shifts at the store this week.

I don't have a shift tomorrow, but ... I'm sure I can find something to occupy my day. Like applying/dropping off resumes elsewhere.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            I don't have a shift tomorrow, but ... I'm sure I can find something to occupy my day. Like applying/dropping off resumes elsewhere.
            That sounds like a very good idea. I am beginning to think that you should be busy on the 31st also.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Why do I suspect your trial work day isn't paid? (I know that's not legal but doesn't mean they might not try.)

Comment

Working...
              X