This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Last Minute Guide to the Solar Eclipse

CNN has issued a last minute guide for the solar eclipse for Monday, August 21, 2017.

Just remember. Don't look directly at the sun without special glasses or you'll .
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Listen to this guy, who did look at a partial eclipse, and did damage his eye. I did not secure eclipse glasses. I didn't anticipate them selling out over a week in advance because we're not getting a total eclipse here. I actually did the classic idiot move "oh look, an entire display of glasses I'll pick one up next time." *shakes head* Anyway, I'm not even going to go outside during that time because I'm afraid I'd look up. It still should get fairly dark with an 88% eclipse, so I can look out the window at the twilight, and maybe find a stream to watch.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'm just waiting for the inevitable slew of people trying to return their eclipse glasses as soon as this is over, even at places that bothered to post "NO RETURNS" signs with regards to them. Yes, even (and especially) for the ones that cost less than an average Coke...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I just got out my #6 welders mask and used both my blueblocker shooting glasses and my regular prescription extra dark sunglasses =) [blue eyes, and very light sensitive normally so my shades are the darkest my optical shop can go.]

It was rather funny, and I almost expect to have my picture show up somewhere - I was headed back to Rochester from Ct and knew I would be on the road so I tossed one of the welders masks into the back of the truck to use. I got some funky looks as I pulled into the rest area one east of Syracuse, grabbed my crutches, put on both pair of shades and went back and popped on my mask and looked at the sun =)
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Funny you should mention that NASA posted their own guide, and they said (for future reference, now) that a relatively modern welder's mask with darkness #12 or 13 meet the safety standard.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What percentage covered did everyone get? Where I am, it was about 94.5% covered.
            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Some postings over here:
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=118263
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Ah, sorry.
                Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

Working...
                X