Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know there's a turnover problem when..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the night crew guys has been at my store for 28 years, he once told me they've gone through 22 managers (now 23). We did have a short period with no store manager at all, the AM then was amazing and I daresay things actually ran better for that month.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
      ....you get a name badge that has the names "Bob", "Joe", "Mary," and "Tom" crossed off and yours written on it.
      no when they have a drawer full of pre printed tags ready to go.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

You're employee of the month every month because you're the only working there long enough to qualify.

Nope, not something that really happened just thought it up and it sounded funny enough to share. Could see it happening somewhere though.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

when you are at a robotics competition with your mother and after a super attendant makes a barely disguised attempt to recruit her to work for her district hears you are going to school to get a degree in education too and basically jumps on you like fresh meat even after finding out you have 3 more years on said degree.

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
            You walk in to work on the third day and the boss hands you the store keys and a security alarm code as he says he quits.
            I got the keys one job because the receptionist had keys, and got made redundant.
            Boss forgot to ask her to turn her keys in, so I tracked her down to her new job (we were friends) and got them off her!
            :-)
            Very useful, as I was usually first to the office in the morning.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              we are supposed to call for backup by name:
              Really? We don't. I just say, "I need a second cashier / cutter," and someone shows up (usually).
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The turnover rate at the Warehouse is pretty slim with the majority of the store, except for the front end [membership desk/cashiers/supervisors]. I can count on one hand the number of people I know by name between those three and only because three of them have been with the company longer then I have and one started about four months after I did.

Everyone else has been there seven months or less, I have no idea who the rest of them are. Hell I know the overnight crew better then I know the damn cashiers, and I might bump into the overnight crew once in a blue moon! I think in the few years I've been working at the Warehouse, the store has gone through over a hundred or so cashiers.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Really? We don't. I just say, "I need a second cashier / cutter," and someone shows up (usually).
                  Well, it's not like a company policy or anything. It's most helpful during the day, when we have a decent number of employees. If you just call for a second cutter, everyone will think someone else went, and you will get nobody. Plus, it helps stop people from abusing their breaks, since it's harder to be gone for 30 minutes while being paged by name. During the holidays we also page how many people are waiting. Like, "Jane to the cutting counter, we're 10 out." We don't do this all the time, just when we're really busy so that people can go where the wait is the longest.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

If you just call for a second cutter, everyone will think someone else went, and you will get nobody.
                    Bystander effect. It's much more effective at getting things done if you make someone specific responsible for doing it ("YOU - call an ambulance!") rather than just calling for it to be done ("Someone call an ambulance!").

Comment

11 different assistant managers over the course of two
                      years at one place I've worked. I couldn't even begin to
                      count the turnover of cashiers during that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X