This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crai View Post
    That was the point he could waste as much time as possible so he would not have to do any other work. Think on it like this if you were paid no matter what your productivity was and you were lazy then why not do everything half ass and as slow as possible to get out of doing any other work.
    Well, either his mindset's screwed up or mine is. If I've got a list of jobs to do, I do them and don't deliberately waste time. If I don't do my job, the person who's depending on me to do my job can't do theirs, and on down the line. Then I'd end up with a bunch of people angry at me, rather than everyone happy that they've finished their assignments.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Well, either his mindset's screwed up or mine is. If I've got a list of jobs to do, I do them and don't deliberately waste time. If I don't do my job, the person who's depending on me to do my job can't do theirs, and on down the line. Then I'd end up with a bunch of people angry at me, rather than everyone happy that they've finished their assignments.
      See, the difference there is that you're useful. Sadim established himself as useless right out the gate. So other people are depending on you and would be mad if you suddenly slacked off. No one was depending on Sadim AT ALL so he could waste as much time as he liked... further establishing his utter uselessness. Like Wally in Dilbert but not as clever.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
        See, the difference there is that you're useful. Sadim established himself as useless right out the gate. So other people are depending on you and would be mad if you suddenly slacked off. No one was depending on Sadim AT ALL so he could waste as much time as he liked... further establishing his utter uselessness. Like Wally in Dilbert but not as clever.

You hit the Nail on the head.

Comment

This wasn't in the early 1980s, was it? Because this certainly sounds like my ex-BIL who was kicked out of the Navy.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
            And squat style toilets, I like those too. I have a squatty potty and it's awesome!
            I've read several times that squat toilets are actually better for you, something about you were never made to take a dump while sitting, but while squatting.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Reminds me of university. We had frosted glass shower doors, but oh no, that wasn't enough. So the girls would hang a towel OVER the glass, get in, THEN take off their robe. Geesh.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                This wasn't in the early 1980s, was it? Because this certainly sounds like my ex-BIL who was kicked out of the Navy.

No it was early 2000.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  Reminds me of university. We had frosted glass shower doors, but oh no, that wasn't enough. So the girls would hang a towel OVER the glass, get in, THEN take off their robe. Geesh.
                  I can sort of understand, at that age most of us were probably insecure about our bodies between societal pressures and hormones we were pretty stupid. :P Nowadays when I change at the gym I couldn't give a damn who sees me, at some point we realise that it doesn't really matter and everyone there is focused on themselves and whatever is going in their head rather than you.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I can remember the moment I lost all modesty.

Set up: Dorm Room one room mate.

I have just come from the showers and am buck neked, I just dried off and about to get dressed. Threw the towel at closet, and was walking to dresser so I am now in the middle of the room when this happens.

Door opens and women walks in (Room mates friend)

She stops and just stares at me.
                    So I stare back.

after a moment she says "well are you going to cover up..."

I respond with ...."nope i'm to dam old to be diving in to cover when someone wants to just walk in on me." "Ya want to check me out who am I do disagree"

She sat down while I got dressed not sure what she was there for that day but we ended up dating for a while. lol

Comment

I know exactly when I gave up giving a shit about what anyone thought of me sans clothes. I was laying on an operating table, stark naked except for a strategically placed towel, surrounded by half a dozen gowned and masked medical professionals, while one of those professionals fiddled with a camera which had been fed up through a vein in my groin until it was tooling around in my brain.

After that, changing rooms just didn't even register.

Quoth Tama View Post
                      I've read several times that squat toilets are actually better for you, something about you were never made to take a dump while sitting, but while squatting.
                      This. I've been having bladder issues, and one of the things suggested was get a stool to bring my heels up a few inches from seat-level. It kind of acts like when you pull the arms on a bellows together, pushing everything out without having to use muscles not really designed for the job.

Incidentally, even if you don't have issues it's worth doing it once or twice a day. Helps prevent bladder infections if you can completely empty your bladder without having to strain.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                      X