X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observed while carding customers

Well, since I started working at a liquor store
    on top of my other job, I card a lot, of course.
    What I have noticed, is that there are a large
    number of people driving around without a
    valid drivers license. Just an ID. Classy.

Not only that, I've picked up on the fact that
    There are a large number of young men who
    are using their girlfriends debit card all the
    time.
    I know this because at one job I have to
    check names on debit/credit cards and
    refuse the sale if the name on the ID isn't
    the same.
    The cashless boyfriends get quite pissed at
    this point.

I'd like to say "They'll learn," but I know better ~_~

Most of the folks "sans ID" likely left them in the car...Or, at least, I hope they did. Still idiots. It's not like getting carded is some new and bizarre practice, or that anyone could possibly miss the ubiquitous "We Card" signs.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh they have ID card, just not a license. And they're driving.
      I do have plenty that leave it in the car, and get annoyed
      about being carded. Tough. Its the law.

Comment

Precisely. If you're driving, you generally gotta have an ID in an accessible location. If you're buying smokes or boozeahol, you absolutely gotta have ID on you -- any store, and any worker (at least in the US) may choose to card you (and refuse to sell the stuff if you don't produce it), no matter what their signs say.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Cynical workerbee wonders if the absence of driver's license is because it was pulled for drunk driving. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many do that figuring the chances of getting caught are small.

Many years ago, a friend got bagged for OUI. His lawyer got him a continuance for the hearing, and told him to take his DEEP (drunk driving course) NOW, since traveling to class after your license had been revoked was difficult. In class, the instructor asked for a show of hands for people who'd already had their licensed revoked, then how many had driven themselves to class, anyway. Most of them had.

Comment

Here your ID is your driver's license, or else it's a non-driver ID that is also issued by the DMV and you need to prove who you are just as though it was a DL. I think stores might take a passport, maybe a military ID, but that's it.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X