This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
    How about writing your name both backwards and upside down?
    Funny thing: I had mine on upside-down today and a customer told me. People always notice that.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

How about using the name of a food product you carry?

Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That's awesome...or for far more variety, I could use ice cream. Now there's an idea...see how far through the frozen aisle I can get before somebody who can actually tell me to knock it off notices. I'd need to buy myself a label printer for that, but they're not that expensive and I can use it for other legit purposes.

Right now I've managed to get a few leads (and even a manager) to page me using one of my alter egos. It started when I and the other [myName] overlapped schedules and we were trying to figure out how to avoid both of us (or the wrong one) showing up for a page. Depends on who's making the page, my real name could sound like a few other people there...alter ego is distinctive enough that I know it's me (yes, it is a real first name....just not mine)
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

A nametag is, unfortunately, part of the uniform at C-Store. If a supervisor walks in and catches you without it, you're considered out of uniform. Oh, and no nicknames (or food names, haha) allowed. We had an employee once who, for all intents and purposes, went by his last name. He was forced to put a shortened version of his first name on his nametag. I'm fortunate enough to be able to hide mine with my hair most of the time.
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I forgo my tag or cover it with my hair every chance I get because my wearing it means they know who to blame.
            Agreed!
            It means they have a name instead of the Mysterious "They told me"!
            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
              I wear my nametag on my hat. We're not supposed to but I do it because it's so faded and old that if the first letter of my name rubs off completely, I'm left with a cuss word and a few extra letters. Not what I want my customers noticing. My regulars know my name and people who end up becoming my regulars learn my name. Everyone else recognizes my face.
              You're called Scunterella?

Quoth BrendAnn
              We had an employee once who, for all intents and purposes, went by his last name. He was forced to put a shortened version of his first name on his nametag. I'm fortunate enough to be able to hide mine with my hair most of the time.
              Ah this employee would be Lunker...Melvin Lunker... we have unmasked you... you are Marla!
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
              X