This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    You do have to match your foundation to your skin tone. I have to wear the lightest one they make because I'm Casper the Ghost pale. I've never worn a darker one because I don't want to be bothered with all the blending, but a decent one that matches my skin tone evens it out.
    Back when I wore makeup, my foundation shade was called Porcelain or Bisque. I just called it 'one shade past Clown White'.

For the record, the first makeup I ever learned how to apply was stage makeup. Even when I sold Avon and learned how to put on makeup properly, I didn't wear it. Fortunately, I never really needed to. Now I don't even own makeup anymore, outside of the occasional chapstick. Does chapstick count?

Comment

I generally have to custom blend my foundation because I'm so pale. Even the lightest shades at Sephora are too dark/orange for my skin. I've been known to stock up on clown white liquid make up during the Halloween season and then add a bit of my lightest colour foundation to it to get the right colour. I'm pasty white with freckles...it's pretty much impossible for me to buy ready-made foundation or even powder that works for me. And I've tried pretty much everything.

I have no idea why it's so difficult to get the truly pale foundations these days, because I know a lot of people who need it that pale. And that's not even including my fellow goths!

Comment

I've noticed while watching the make-up vids on YouTube, it's a guilty pleasure since I don't see a need to wear make-up, that if you're the color of snow or charcoal you're basically screwed on finding commercial foundations that are anywhere close to you shade.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

This. I inherited the Irish corpse-pale skin rather than the Greek olive skin, so I don't really bother with foundation, I just use translucent face powder over a transparent primer that evens out the little bumps and laugh lines.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
          X