This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, huh??

I am now working the service desk at a military sub base. Not my dream job, but hey, it's a government job with really good benefits. Plus, people know that they have to more or less behave themselves since they're on a sub base, and they also know I have a button I can push to have the base police there in less than a minute, but that doesn't mean I don't get the occasional idiot. Like this lady a while back who asked me where the submarines where? I almost said um, in the water? I was fairly new at the time and my co-worker told her now to get to where they were. Afterwards, I joked with him that I should have told her that we have special ones that can fly. Go outside and look up, you'll see on eventually. LOL!!
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Where are the submarines? Maybe God could find an Ohio, but He'd have to be having a good day.
    Last edited by wolfie; 11-04-2016, 04:55 AM. Reason: Fixed capitalization
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Tell her it's on the runway.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

One of my friends told me I should have told her to dive into the river and look around. And don't come up until you spot one.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

That guy does give me that warm fuzzy feeling I had dealing with clearances. That or was a RF leak.

The 10 years would be up in my commands case, I would send out or say something nice about getting it started due to place does it has a huge backlog. Of course this person was always higher pay grade. They will ignore me, I would send out an email, ccing mine and their higher up that now here's very official notice you have 2 choices, get your background check done or lose your current job and go chip paint off the boat.
          They give it several half starts or how they are soo busy. Inform the higher up of this, and basically get told to chill.
          Then the icing on the cake is he puts in for some premo orders that req a clearance that he got turn down for because he does not have and has to go somewhere else that that doesn't involved land based aircraft on a island with palm trees he tried to blame me and get me fired.
          Like I can get finger printed and fill out were he's been.
          Lucky the Commander was an from the deck plates leader who knows the status of the 300+ people in his command, and he shut that shit down Negan style. Made him do everything and simply tell me when he was done.
          Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 11-10-2016, 04:05 PM.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
          X