This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware, outlook sucks!!

And not speaking generally. I mean the mail. I was emailing and I hit send. Nothing happened. Usually they give me a message saying "email sent." but nothing. So I hit it again. And again. And again. Finally, after about 3 times, it said, email sent. Then I tried to compose another but it accused me of being a spammer (?!?!?!) and said that I had violated it's policies. And it kicked me out and now it won't let me into my email! It's asking for some number that IDK who's it is, but it's not mine! WTF. Does anyone else have or had this problem before?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I'm having an entirely different problem with the whole Word Office program (it's demanding whatever number I originally used to instal it ... seriously? That was five or six years ago!!) but I've never used Outlook personally. I tend to go with the emails that come attached to browsers (gmail, Yahoo, etc.) because I've found them to be less of a PITA.

No help, I know. I hope you can get your situation sorted out. At the risk of making a bad joke, have you contacted Microsoft?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      ... have you contacted Microsoft?
      "We'll call you"
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I thought this was the worst 8 ball message ever
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Yeah. Typical Microsoft.

Good luck. I hope you can get it fixed ... or at the very least, you heard back from Microsoft.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            ...you heard back from Microsoft.
            Didn't they outsource that to boiler-room scammers?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I gotta wonder how often those "I'm from Microsoft Support" scammers get someone who actually has an MS problem looking to be fixed.

"You're from MS support?! Great! I've got a problem with Outlook. When I..."

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                I gotta wonder how often those "I'm from Microsoft Support" scammers get someone who actually has an MS problem looking to be fixed.

May try that next time I get one

Comment

Quoth SimonF12009 View Post
                  And they will be happy to remote in to your computer to "fix" the problem.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth SimonF12009 View Post
                    When you've got a hammer everything looks like a nail.
                    When you've got a scammer everything looks like a virus.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                      No, "Great! I've got a problem with my computer not being able to see the Internet".

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Pick the right problem and you've got a ready-made excuse for why you can't let them remote in to "fix" the problem.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Well, I'm sure we've all seen and heard the Tech support stories where the Tier 1 person is trying to run through the script, getting negative results... Only for the ID10T at the other end to finally reveal "I'm not seeing anything on the screen and I can't see behind the computer. The lights have been out all day due to the power outage."

A smart counterscammer can probably string the "MS Support" folks along easily with their own problem while not letting them anywhere near their computers

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                          A smart counterscammer can probably string the "MS Support" folks along easily with their own problem while not letting them anywhere near their computers
                          My favorite was leading on someone for 45 minutes (I was stating up some baddies for the game I was running) by claiming I kept getting a 503 error on the browser.

503 is a problem on the server end.

He finally hung up when I said the message had changed to "Your internet provider has listed this webpage as a potential scam. Please contact us at (fake-number).
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                          X