This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I get customers like that..."Where's the checkout?" while standing right underneath the enormous "CHECKOUT" sign (and staring right at the registers). I now just tell them: "Look up" and hightail it.
    I went to Santa Fe for Indian Market a couple weeks ago. I stopped in the Palace of the Governors gift shop. I have to give credit to the people working there that day for not laughing like I tried not to do.

Woman comes in, bustles over to the register and asks, in complete seriousness, where the Plaza is.

For those that haven't been to Santa Fe, if you walk out the door of the gift shop to the curb, turn right and then look to your right, there's the Santa Fe Plaza.

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    I was thinking Lupo had a kid and didn't tell us!
    That's who I was thinking of.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Re: the elevator sign. A few days ago, a customer asked me for directions to the store within a store that has fairly recently taken up residence in the supermarket. Said store within a store takes up an entire corner, has a stack of catalogues in a box right outside, and a giant neon logo sign next to the entrance as well as a slightly bigger one above it.

Guess where the customer was standing?
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

At the bookstore, we pretty regularly have people walk in and ask where the children's books are. Having walked 10 feet into the store, they are standing in front of that section.

Now, for many other sections that's more excusable -- for Shakespeare, or languages, or WWII, I'm as like as not to take them there, because we're not kidding about the labyrinth. For many others, it's reasonable to simply point or give directions. But the kid's books are right up front, occupying most of a wall, with most of the "flats" down at the level of the little kids who they're targeted at.

Yesterday we had someone buy a book that hadn't been marked for sale yet, but that was reasonable as many of those are stacked in the middle of the front room. I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Comment

Working...
        X