This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I could title this post "I Dissed A Girl And I liked It!" LOL

Riding the train to work this morning, sitting across from a "mother" and her approx. 5 year old daughter. Girl starts looking at my rings, telling me they're so pretty. Girl tries to take my new ring (Thanks Natalie!) off my finger. I pull my hand away and tell her not to touch them. Mother gets pissed and tells me she just wants to play with it and she'll give it right back. She won't break it. I tell her I don't take them off until I get home from work and they aren't toys. Mother says, "you don't have to be a dick about it! Just let her play with it!" I tell her, "FINE! I want to play with your kidneys! I won't break them and I'll give them right back!" Mother and daughter move to another seat at the other end of the car, kid whining and mother calling me an asshole..

Picture of my new ring (the clear quartz stone):
    Attached Files
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

What kind of psycho expects a stranger on the train to take off their jewelry and let a kid play with it? Oh, right, the people we complain about on this site. Current faith in humanity -42,342 and counting.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Just have her give you a $500 (or more) security deposit that will be returned when the ring is returned.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The level of self-centered entitlement boggles the mind.

Mom should be providing toys for her kid herself and not making outrageous demands on strangers to give up their belongings to shut the spoiled brat up.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Haha no.

Weirdos.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Here, let me hold your purse and play with whatever's in there. I'll give it back when I'm done. I won't break anything. Honest."

Some people ...
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

'Here,let me hold your blouse and play with whatever's in there.I'll give it back when I'm done. I won't break anything.Honest."

No-no takers?
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

The kidney line is gold.

I wish I could say this is the first time I've heard a story like this.

Woman's ring gets ripped off her finger by impatient customer, daughter picks it up and decides she wants to keep it:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=4398

Comment

That's insane and sounds like the beginning of a scam. Kid pockets it and suddenly Mom is like "... what ring? Don't talk to my child!"

By the way, your rings are gorgeous, you have good taste.

Comment

I was once on a plane where the parents expected me to let their kid play with my laptop. WTF?! NO!

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                      The kidney line is gold.

I wish I could say this is the first time I've heard a story like this.

Woman's ring gets ripped off her finger by impatient customer, daughter picks it up and decides she wants to keep it:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=4398
                      Geez! That beats my kid story! And this is why we can't have nice things! LOL

Comment

Quoth Foxbite View Post
                        That's insane and sounds like the beginning of a scam. Kid pockets it and suddenly Mom is like "... what ring? Don't talk to my child!"

By the way, your rings are gorgeous, you have good taste.
                        Thanks! :-) I'm proudest of the middle one. I bought the stone in Alaska and designed the ring for it. :-)

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                          I was once on a plane where the parents expected me to let their kid play with my laptop. WTF?! NO!

But... but then they might have to actually pay attention to their little pwecious!

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                            "Here, let me hold your purse and play with whatever's in there. I'll give it back when I'm done. I won't break anything. Honest."

Some people ...
                            I know this is a joke, but I actually had a woman say that her daughter wanted to play with my purse! You see, my purse has a Rarity keyring and when the daughter saw it, she screamed "I want pony!" over and over (I was paying for groceries at the time), and that's when her mother made the request. I said, "No," and left with my shopping and I could still hear the child shrieking as I left. No doubt the mother was ranting about what a bitch I was for not just handing my purse over to her kid.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              I know this is a joke, but I actually had a woman say that her daughter wanted to play with my purse! You see, my purse has a Rarity keyring and when the daughter saw it, she screamed "I want pony!" over and over (I was paying for groceries at the time), and that's when her mother made the request. I said, "No," and left with my shopping and I could still hear the child shrieking as I left. No doubt the mother was ranting about what a bitch I was for not just handing my purse over to her kid.

Well what did you expect? Rarity is best pony.

Comment

Working...
                              X