X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Repo

I love reading Argabarga's Tow Files!

When I was working night shift at the 911 dispatch center in (rural southern county) the repo drivers would call us on the non-emergency line to let us know they were about to perform a nighttime repo. These usually would in about 10 minutes trigger a 911 call of "Some a-hole just stole my car!" It was then our karmic duty to inform the caller he had been repoed.

One warm summer night, a repo driver called us as usual. About 15 minutes later he calls us back, still using the non-emergency line.

Repo Driver: Yeah, I'm gonna need a deputy out this way.

Me: Are you still at (address)?

RD: Nah, I'm hauling ass up (rural road).

Me: What's the problem?

RD: I got the repo hooked up, but now the guy and his brother are chasing me in a pickup truck and firing a shotgun out the window at me.

Imagine this said in a bored monotone. I, on the other hand, am

Deputies dispatched, dumbasses 1 and 2 arrested.
    Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 07-14-2017, 03:07 PM.

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post

Deputies dispatched, dumbasses 1 and 2 arrested.
    I love a happy ending!

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
      RD: I got the repo hooked up, but now the guy and his brother are chasing me in a pickup truck and firing a shotgun out the window at me.
      I wonder how many shots hit the repo'ed vehicle?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        And do they realize that they are on the hook for the difference in the repo sale (reduced due to shotgun damage) and the remaining balance on that note.?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Would love to hear them try to explain that to their insurance company ...
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I'm all cracking up at the "business as usual" guy's attitude.

I'm also all that getting chased and fired on is a routine part of his job. So routine that he called the non-emergency line.

Comment

I wanna know if there were banjos playing in the background...

Because these guys aren't allowed to carry guns...

I'd guess they've racked up a number of charges, too...
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

See, a normal person spends their lives avoiding tense situations. Repo Man spends his life getting INTO tense situations.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                  So routine that he called the non-emergency line.
                  Well, "redial" is probably one button on his phone rather than three. The non-emergency line might even be a speed dial button (because hardly anyone makes 911 a speed dial).
                  Last edited by Argus; 07-16-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                    Well, "redial" is probably one button on his phone rather than three. The non-emergency line might even be a speed dial button (because hardly anyone makes 911 a speed dial).
                    While you do have a very good point as far as most people are concerned, I must respectfully disagree.

Someone who so used to calling the police while being chased and shot at in the middle of the night probably does have 911 programed into a single number. Due to the fact that he didn't even mention being chased and shot at until being asked clarifying questions leads me to believe that he didn't think it was worth calling 911.

Something like how I won't call 911 when I see a semi truck blocking the road because yet another driver tried to make a U-turn on a residential road and got stuck blocking both lanes of traffic. PITA, but not an emergency. Everyone has their own "holy cow! call 911!" level and driver's levels are off the charts high.

Comment

Working...
                    X