This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Not Dead Yet...

Hi there, folks! It's just your friendly Uncle Jester, checking in for the first time in a long time.

Despite what you may think, I did not run off and join the Romanian circus, nor did the psycho ex return to the island and feed me to the sharks, nor did one of our northern friends finally follow through on any of their threats and bury me in an avalanche of snowballs.

No, my life has just been its usual level of crazy, and I've not been on CS.com in far too long. Sorry about that.

Short synopsis of things since last I was here:

The Bar, which I worked at for ten years, closed its doors after eleven years of business. I am at a new job bartending, which I hate, and one way or another, I won't be at very much longer.

I will be relocating out of Key West soon, either back home to Phoenix, or to the Tampa/St. Pete area. For those of you that know me on Facebook, shhh...few people here in KW know this, and my current job certainly doesn't, and until I make my plans final, I have no reason to change any of that yet.

I am no longer with the wonderful woman I was dating...she broke up with me a second and final time this last January. It wasn't fun, but I saw it coming, and honestly, it was probably inevitable, for a variety of reasons. We're still on friendly terms, and you won't catch me saying anything bad about her, because there is nothing bad to say about her. As I said, she's a wonderful woman, and I wish her nothing but the best.

Unexpectedly, I seem to have started something new with another lovely woman, though that is still in the early stages, and we don't know quite where it's going, but it's been amazing and wild so far. Shockingly, despite my history, this one is neither a nurse nor a decade or more younger than me. I'm sure you'll hear more about her as I get back into the swing of things here on CS.

For those of you reading this who have no idea who I am...

Hello. I'm Jester. Basically...RUN.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Quoth Jester View Post
    Hello. I'm Jester. Basically...RUN...
    Hello Sunshine.
    Flee screaming is a good idea...
    Last edited by dalesys; 07-24-2017, 06:14 PM.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Glad to see you're still about! If you have time and inclination, I'm sure we'd all love to hear tales about your new job that you hate. Misery loving company, and all that.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Now why would we run from the guy who serves the rum?

Glad to hear from you, Jester. We missed you!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
          Glad to see you're still about! If you have time and inclination, I'm sure we'd all love to hear tales about your new job that you hate. Misery loving company, and all that.
          My coworkers are great, the managers are nice, but the company has some idiotic policies, money isn't all that good, and of course, the customers suck. Stories will be forthcoming, I assure you.

Typical of CS, though....you want to know about the crappy job rather than the new love interest.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Typical of CS, though....you want to know about the crappy job rather than the new love interest.
            Of course! Asking about the love interest would be prying, but your stories of sucky customers are the stuff of legend!
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              It's not that we don't want to know about the new love interest, it's that we're polite enough not to pile on you and shove snowballs down your shorts until you talk.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Welcome back. CS hasn't been the same without you. Sorry to hear the job isn't going so well. Hopefully you'll be able to get everything lined up to move like you want to soon. And by the way, I'm nosy enough to want to hear about the sucky job and the new love interest.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  we're polite enough not to pile on you and shove snowballs down your shorts until you talk.
                  I'm not *starts rolling snow into balls*
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

The new crappy job, my plans for the future, and the love interest will all be detailed on this site in due time. And of course, sucky customer stories will be presented as well.

I warn you, though, the story of the new woman may cause some tears from some painful memories for some who have been here a while.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Y'know, I'd just been wondering what had ever happened to our favorite High Priest of Grog-Boozith (From Whom All Nectar Flows).

Glad to see you're not counting earthworms from underneath, or whatever other strange and weird euphemisms that come to mind.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Welcome back my friend.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Good to hear from you.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

OK pal we got your life story.Now get to what we put you here for-making drinks ☺ mine's an industrial absinthe
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Hello. I'm Jester. Basically...RUN.
                              Do we run in your direction or away from it? 'Cause I much rather run further south.

Glad to see that you're okay, despite everything of course.
                              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X