X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mjr View Post
    What about identical twins??
    Quoth Jester View Post
    Despite what common sense might say, the law says no.
    What if they were conjoined twins and only one had his/her ID?

Comment

Then one gets to drink.

However, it is likely that both will get drunk.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Our store commonly got people wanting to use their work ID or their EBT card, because it had their photo on it. Sorry, the state does not recognize either one as an acceptable form of ID to purchase alcohol.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

High School and College IDs are also not valid IDs for buying age-restricted items. I had someone try to buy beer with a High School ID once, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one that's happened to.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I do not understand why you are making that assumption.
            You don't post very often, but I believe you see postable things daily.
            Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
              You don't post very often, but I believe you see postable things daily.
              Well, I haven't posted much of anything in the last couple years, but I used to post fairly regularly.

As for seeing postable stuff daily, yes and no. Plenty of the annoying stuff I see I daily is just a repeat of the same old same old, so I try to limit myself to the extreme and the unusual.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                What about identical twins??
                '
                "Identical twins" like these?

Comment

Or identical twins like these.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

These twins came to mind.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      For the love of all that is holy in Heaven, Earth, and everywhere else, why, I ask you WHY do people still think that showing the bartender a PHOTO of their ID on their phone is equivalent to showing the bartender their ID? Someone please tell me where there is a place where such a maneuver works?
                      Disney World. My cousin was asked for a photo of his ID as he didn't have one on him in a bar. Now, the little shit hadn't taken a photo and threw a massive tantrum about not being able to be served. But yeah... a photo is fine if you're employed by the mouse it seems?
                      "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        She tells them that the manager said it was okay, and she's just getting food to go anyway, so they leave it alone.
                        ... They should've known better by now. :-P

Comment

Quoth CloserToSane View Post
                          Disney World. My cousin was asked for a photo of his ID as he didn't have one on him in a bar. Now, the little shit hadn't taken a photo and threw a massive tantrum about not being able to be served. But yeah... a photo is fine if you're employed by the mouse it seems?
                          Disney might be some kind of weird special case, given that they basically are their own county. Or the employee was being an idiot. Either way is possible.
                          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                            Disney might be some kind of weird special case, given that they basically are their own county. Or the employee was being an idiot. Either way is possible.
                            I'm willing to go with either, to be honest I was surprised that they'd take a photo. He was barely 21 as it was, but old enough that he should have bought some ID with him.
                            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

This is the Haus von Maus we're talking about. Surely a photo of your ID is all they need to put a lien on your soul.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth CloserToSane View Post
                                Quoth mhkohne View Post
                                They are still subject to Florida state law, and if they actually would accept a photo of an ID for alcohol purchases, they would be violating said law.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X