This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't say?

No real suck, just my amusement at the confusion of someone else. I was waiting in line for the microwave to heat up my lunch, and thus got to listen the conversation around me. Confused CW was discussing her lunch with Other CW.

Confused CW: Well, I hope this tastes good.

Other CW: What's in it?

Confused CW: Steamed rice, steamed vegetables, and marinated tofu.

Other CW: What goes into your marinade for tofu?

Confused CW: Well, it was a white garlic sauce marinade this time. But when I took the tofu out, it was still white, and I didn't like the look of it.

Me: *only in my head* The tofu marinated in white garlic sauce came out white, you don't say?

Other CW: Well, it's definitely not white now!

Confused CW: No, I decided to mix it up with some turmeric, but then it turned this orangey-yellow color! I don't trust the color change, so I don't know if it will be good or not. *wanders out of the room with her food*

Me: *still only in my head* You mixed turmeric into your white food and it turned yellow orange! You don't say?

I guess if you're not familiar with turmeric, I would understand the confusion. But Confused CW used to live at a yogic ashram and has been cooking and eating Indian style recipes for as long as I've been alive. She even shared some of her turmeric cauliflower with us one day, so she has to be aware that turmeric is a yellow orange color, right?

I think she's one of the Oblivious. They live among us
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X