X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh, but that's the FINE print."

Our signs: "Items from $30! Prices as marked!"
    Customer picks up an item that is marked at $40 and brings it to the counter.

Me: "That'll be $40! Cash or card? "
    Stupid Customer: "It was on the $30 rack."
    Me: "Apologies, it must have been in the wrong place. It's marked at $40."
    SC: "But it was on the $30 rack! It says items from $30!"

Sometimes customers pick things up and put them down in the wrong place. We tidy as much as we can, but we can't stop people picking things up. That doesn't mean you get to claim the prices you feel like paying based on the wrong place you found it. What's to stop YOU from picking up a $70 jacket and putting it on the $5 rack, and pulling the same crap?

Me: "It also says 'prices as marked'."
    SC: "Oh, but that's the FINE print."

So because you chose not to read it, it becomes null and void? Because you're too stupid to read it, you don't have to abide by it?

Get the hell out.
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

I hate that. Its the time of the year, where we have a lot of summer Clearance. People try to pull off that i found this on the four dollar rack, but it is a brand new winter item. I am a little bit more sympathetic if it is a t-shirt, that could be easily mistaken as a summer t-shirt,but when they bring something like a winter coat and try to pull that off, I feel like they are trying to pull on over on me. It is a winter coat, it is obviously not summer apparel which the signs indicate.

Comment

I ain't even mad that they're bringing the item up to me and trying their luck. Like my momma always used to say, "Ask the question. The worst that can happen is you get a no."

What I'm mad about is the fact that when I give a no, customers be trying to sidestep and rules lawyer me into changing my mind. I've been doing this job in this store for more than four and a half years. I know what's up. Don't test me.
      Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

I look at "from $30" the same as I look at "starting at $30". It's a beginning price, and goes up from there...
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Admittedly, some of that signage CAN be fine print. I've missed it myself on occasion: "$X and up" or "Starting at $X". But it's there, regardless of the size of the print. Nice try, but sorry, it's still $X.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I used to work at a store that used signage that read "price" and up or starting at "price" and customers would try to argue with our manager. She never would give in.
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Yeah, at the fabric store things could get very mixed up, but the signage was mostly like "$4.99-$12.99" all in the same sized font. Yet people only saw the 4.99 and got upset that it's a price RANGE. Now, sometimes I would override if it was something stupid like in the seasonal fabric there were all these different collections, which were very similar looking (think like silky fabrics, or knits) and I could completely see that area was a disaster and who could tell which silky fabric belonged to which collection? (I would suggest to use the price checker, the store should also be more organized but we couldn't with no staff)

But if someone walks up with an expensive special occasion satin insisting they should get the cheap-o flannel sale price? Just... no.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
              X