This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light at the end of the tunnel...

More good news here: I'm sure most of you remember me posting about the drama involving my parents, and their separation. After 2 years plus, it's finally nearing the end. Dad left in 2015, and had been drawing it out as long as he could to financially punish my mom. Why? Because he's an asshole. You name it, he did it, trying to screw her over. Things like purposely misdirecting mail, not contacting his lawyer, not filling out paperwork, missing deadlines, etc. At least the last one got him stung for about a grand in penalties. Small drop in the bucket, but yay for small victories

The major sticking point was the house. Even though he hadn't lived there since March of 2015, he was still listed as co-owner. Yet, he could legally walk away from the mortgage and loans that had been taken out over the years, leaving my mom struggling to pay them, as well as for the repairs for all the shit that randomly broke. For the past 2 years, she was in constant fear of becoming homeless...while that bastard is living rent-free at his girlfriend's

The other sticking point, is that because he was out of work all those years, his pension isn't worth as much as my mom's. He was either unemployed or working crap jobs up until about 2005--so there's a huge difference. We're talking about $80K, here folks When she told me that he was trying to go after her for that, I nearly hit the fucking ceiling. I mean, he hasn't done anything worth $80,000...let alone $8.

When I called him out on it, he said that there was "too much going on, and he didn't want to get me involved." Seriously? You're trying to destroy my mom--Fuck you, I'm already involved. So I brought up everything--the girlfriend, the cheating on my mom, the expensive cruise he went on, how he's treating my brothers etc., and I must have struck a nerve. That's when he came down a bit on the amount he claims he's owed. Still not perfect, but better than having to go to court, which my mom really wants to avoid. PA's divorce laws suck, and she could easily lose.

While I'll probably never see my dad again, I'll still have to deal with him at least once--to drop off some things that he wants. He's not coming to my house. No, what I'm thinking, is to meet him at a McDonald's somewhere, drive up, toss his crap out the window, and drive off. It sucks, but I can't be around him right now...lest I strangle him.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

What an awful mess. Glad to hear the end is nigh on this.

And yeah, absolutely ... pull up next to his vehicle toss his stuff out the window (anything breakable in the boxes ... ? ) and drive off. You don't need any more of this crap.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Leave it in the yard in front of his girlfriends house. Not your problem if someone scavenges it ...

What an ass. Pity I am no longer in contact with the SeALs I knew back in the 80s, they would have loved to give him an *attitude adjustment* he would never forget ...

There is nothing like someone who has gone through SERE school and knows torture from both sides giving an attitude adjustment =)
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Leave it in the yard in front of his girlfriends house. Not your problem if someone scavenges it ...
        As much as I'd like to trash his stuff, I can't...at least not yet The paperwork isn't signed yet, and he's the type that would make things more difficult for my mom. I have a feeling that if I threw his slide collection out the window, he'd refuse, and force her to go to court. For now, the only thing I could do...was to toss his dusty, Vietnam-era slides into a plastic bag.

If he bitches about how nasty the slides are--I didn't even bother to clean them--I'll remind him that I could easily sold that crap on Ebay. I mean, it was just sitting around up in the attic. (For those of you playing along at home, he tried to auction off my model car collection some years ago. I came home from school and called him out on it, but not before he'd sold my brother's baseball cards. Needless to say, my extensive collection of rare kits got moved to Grandma's.)
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X