This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Weekend at the Track

This weekend, the company I work for decided to raise its prices from expensive to ridiculous. Somehow, every customer I had tries to pin this on me. They ask me why I raised the prices when they are already high. Normally, I reply, "I don't know why my company raised its prices, but the extra profits sure as hell aren't going to my paycheck." That satisfies some people but some still stay pissed at me, as if it's my fault.

Also, Saturday, and now today, Monday, the stand I was working did not have anything to heat the sourkraut. I can't even begin to explain how much bitching and moaning I heard. People told me to get off my ass and start working. Yes, I'm going to leave my stand when I'm the only person working it, and let everyone pillage my stand of its supplies and money while I go through stock in the freaking basement, and probably find nothing. I asked stock guys, and I even asked bosses and no one could help me. Except for the few nice people I had the pleasure of helping, most people were rude about it.

Halfway through today, my Pepsi and Diet Pepsi both managed to run out at the same time. Since I was alone, I had to call on my cell phone my own work and be transferred to the downstairs, where I was told someone would be right up to change the soda. An hour and a half later, still no soda. I call again and he says he sent someone. Finally, another hour later someone gets there and "fixes it". Still doesn't work. So I had to go through most of today, with no soda. First, no sourkraut, then no soda. A nice increase in bitching and moaning.

Some guy who bitched at me for a bottle of water being $3.50 drank half his bottle, then threw it out. Nice, whine about how expensive it is then only drink half. Getting your money's worth I see. If bitching and moaning was a profession, my customers would be freaking pros.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

What fun. What excitement. Welcome to the unofficial start of summer, folks!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Damn, I don't think I'd do very well at the bitching and moaning profession. It's just not in my personality.

I still say I'm gonna come over there and heckle you

heckle heckle 3.50??!! heckle highway robbery heckle no pepsi heckle heckle heckle

:ducks flying cold saurkraut:

ya know if you type the word heckle enough times in a row it starts to look wrong...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Please, come bother me at work. I beg you! There were times when I'd have a couple hours with very few, if any, customers and I'd get bored as hell since I can't bet.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
        X